Series E - Empire
- Everyone is dressed up in period costumes. Stephen is Oscar Wilde, Jo is Queen Victoria, Sean is the Duke of Wellington, Bill is an Edwardian croquet player and Alan is an Indian officer.
- Queen Victoria probably thought very unfavourably of Mr. Bean, because he tried to assassinate her early in her reign. John Bean tried to shoot her using a gun stuffed with wads of tobacco. (Forfeit: We are not amused)
- Victoria's secret was her haemophilia. Due to her, almost every royal family in Europe was affected with the illness. One of her sons, Prince Leopold, died of haemophilia. One of Victoria's daughters, Princess Alice, married into the Russian royal family. Her daughter, Princess Alexandria, had a son who was also a haemophiliac. It is possible that the illness helped kick-start the Russian Revolution, because in the process of finding him treatment, Rasputin became involved with the Royal Family. Some people believe that the chances of Victoria being a haemophiliac are so remote, that she must have been an illegitimate daughter of a haemophiliac.
- A question about erotica: It is forbidden to laugh or be aroused by the exhibits in the Secret Museum of Pornography in Naples. It is meant to be solely for education purposes. Most of the exhibits come from Pompeii, which was full of graffiti, erotic art and statues. These days, you need a special permit and a guide must accompany you on the visit.
- It was easier to put you boots on in the dark between 1600 and 1800 because there were no left and right shoes or boots. All boots were designed to go on either foot, because it was too hard to design left and right heeled footwear at the time.
This is the second time the same panel from a previous episode has appeared - see Series B, Episode 1.
- Friday 7th December 2007
- BBC Four
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|Stephen Fry||Host / Presenter|
|Alan Davies||Regular Panellist|
|Piers Fletcher||Question Writer|
|Justin Pollard||Question Writer|
|Lorraine Heggessey||Executive Producer|
|Katie Taylor||Executive Producer|
|Jonathan Paul Green||Production Designer|