- Panel Show
- 2003 - 2022
- BBC Two, BBC One, BBC Four
- 279 (1 pilot + 19 series), plus 29 other episodes
- John Lloyd
- Sandi Toksvig, Stephen Fry and Alan Davies
- James Harkin, Anna Ptaszynski, Sandi Toksvig, John Mitchinson, Piers Fletcher, Justin Pollard, Molly Oldfield, Arron Ferster and more
- Ian Lorimer and Diccon Ramsay
- John Lloyd, Piers Fletcher, Phil Clarke, Lorraine Heggessey, Mark Freeland, Sally Debonnaire, Katie Taylor, Simon London and more
QI is a panel game which believes that everything in the world is quite interesting, provided that you look at it in the right way. To quote original host Stephen Fry:
"Now, the rules are simple. Scoring is my business. Points are given and points are taken away. They are taken away for answers which are both obvious and wrong, and they're given, not so much for being correct, as for being interesting.
"Their level of interestingness is impartially determined by a demographically selected customer-service focus consultancy, broken down by age and sex - i.e. me. Because there is no-one more broken down by age and sex."
Each show features the host, Stephen Fry (Series A-M) and then later Sandi Toksvig (Series N onwards), and four panellists, including resident player Alan Davies, answering questions that are so difficult that no-one expects to get any of the answers right. Thus points are given for answers that may not be right but are interesting. Points are taken away (often from Alan), to answers that are not only wrong but are pathetically obvious.
QI is the show that proves that almost everything you know about the blue whale is wrong, the issue of how many moons the Earth has is a lot more complicated than you expect, and that there is something interesting to say about the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is.
- Also known as
- QI VG
- QI XL
- Quite Interesting
- Camera set-up
- Theme music by Howard Goodall.
- First broadcast
- Thursday 11th September 2003 at 10pm on BBC Two
- Next repeats
- Series O, Episode 10: Today at 10pm on Dave
- Series S, Episode 12: Today at 11:05pm on BBC2 Wales
- Series H, Episode 6: Tomorrow at 11:40pm on Dave
- Series M, Episode 4: Sunday at 8pm on Dave
- Series H, Episode 6: Sunday at 10:40pm on Dave
- Series O, Episode 11: Monday at 9pm on Dave
- Series O, Episode 12: Tuesday at 9pm on Dave
- Series O, Episode 13: Wednesday at 9pm on Dave
- Series O, Episode 14: Thursday at 9pm on Dave
- Most recent repeats
- The London Studios - Pilot to Series 16 (P)
- BBC Television Centre - Series 17 (Q) and Series 18 (R)
- Zoom (Virtual) - Series 19 (S)