- Panel Show
- 2003 - 2020
- BBC Two, BBC One
- 267 (1 pilot + 18 series), plus 27 other episodes
- John Lloyd
- Sandi Toksvig, Stephen Fry and Alan Davies
- Ian Lorimer and Diccon Ramsay
- John Lloyd and Piers Fletcher
QI is a panel game which believes that everything in the world is quite interesting, provided that you look at it in the right way. To quote original host Stephen Fry:
"Now, the rules are simple. Scoring is my business. Points are given and points are taken away. They are taken away for answers which are both obvious and wrong, and they're given, not so much for being correct, as for being interesting.
"Their level of interestingness is impartially determined by a demographically selected customer-service focus consultancy, broken down by age and sex - i.e. me. Because there is no-one more broken down by age and sex."
Each show features the host, Stephen Fry (Series A-M) and then later Sandi Toksvig (Series N onwards), and four panellists, including resident player Alan Davies, answering questions that are so difficult that no-one expects to get any of the answers right. Thus points are given for answers that may not be right but are interesting. Points are taken away (often from Alan), to answers that are not only wrong but are pathetically obvious.
QI is the show that proves that almost everything you know about the blue whale is wrong, the issue of how many moons the Earth has is a lot more complicated than you expect, and that there is something interesting to say about the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Quite Interesting (Other official name)
- QI XL (Other official name)
- QI VG (Other official name)
- Theme music by Howard Goodall.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- Upcoming repeats
- Series M Episode 12: Tomorrow at 2:25am on Dave
- Series B Episode 8: Tomorrow at 3:20pm on Dave
- Series B Episode 9: Tomorrow at 8:20pm on Dave
- Series M Episode 13: Tomorrow at 9pm on Dave
- Series M Episode 13: Thursday at 2am on Dave
- Series B Episode 9: Thursday at 3:20pm on Dave
- Series B Episode 10: Thursday at 8:20pm on Dave
- Series M Episode 14: Thursday at 9pm on Dave
- Series M Episode 14: Friday at 2:25am on Dave
- Series B Episode 10: Friday at 3:20pm on Dave
- Series B Episode 11: Friday at 8:20pm on Dave
- Series M Episode 12: Sunday at 10pm on Dave
- Series B Episode 12: Tuesday 9th June at 12am on Dave
- Series B Episode 12: Tuesday 9th June at 10pm on Dave
- Series M Episode 13: Sunday 14th June at 10pm on Dave
- Series L Episode 11: Monday 15th June at 11:40pm on Dave
- Series L Episode 12: Tuesday 16th June at 11:40pm on Dave
- Series L Episode 13: Friday 19th June at 11:40pm on Dave