Become a BCG Supporter
We love comedy. Love comedy too?
Help secure our future, and fund more content and features
Why we are asking for donations
BCG is run by just two comedy fans from modest backgrounds, Mark and Aaron. We're not part of a media conglomerate, nor have any other external backing. Advertising covers some basic costs but it doesn't meet our bills, and doesn't give us the funds needed to invest in creating all the content we'd love to publish.
That's why we're asking if you'd consider donating whatever you can, either as a one-off or on a recurring basis: so that British Comedy Guide can not only continue, but expand to cover even more comedy.
What we'll do with your donation
Your donation will keep British Comedy Guide alive and fund new content
To say thanks for your donation we offer a set of exclusive additional benefits
See more content
See extended information views, including more press clipping pages; lists of pilots; extra list filters; and much more.
Get unrestricted access to our full TV and radio listings database: see an extra week ahead, and browse back to the birth of broadcast comedy in the early 20th Century. Plus: genre and channel filters.
You've done your bit by becoming a BCG Supporter, so we'll show you fewer adverts on the website.
BCG Daily Email
Supporters can opt to subscribe to our daily email summary - never miss a thing. The past 24 hours of news, interviews, features and reviews from around the web; plus the coming day's TV and radio listings; in your inbox at noon.
Our prize draw, exclusive to our supporters, offers a luxe BCG-branded notebook to one lucky winner each month. Including a golden ribbon, elastic closure band, small document wallet and beautiful ivory pages, it's one you'll definitely want to own.
First look access
As a BCG Supporter, you can have a say on what you'd like us to cover. You'll also get first-look access to some of our new features too.
Lapel pin badge
We've also created lovely, full-colour chrome lapel pin badges bearing the British Comedy Guide logo. If you've been kind enough to make a particularly generous donation of £10 or more - or have been a long-term Supporter - we'll send you one for free to wear with pride.
Ready to donate?
The payment system takes cards and PayPal. Recurring donations can be cancelled at any time.
Don't want to commit to a recurring donation? We'd still very much appreciate anything you can give on a one-off basis and you will still get the bonus benefits.
British Comedy Guide is run independently, with no rich investors, financial support or other external funding. We love comedy and want to continue celebrating it: with your help, British Comedy Guide can continue doing just that. Your donation will secure BCG for the future and enable us to expand and do even more.
To thank Supporters for donating, we offer a number of additional benefits on top of what website visitors normally get. You can find out more about these features in the next section on this page.
As a Supporter, not only will you be helping to celebrate and promote British comedy, but we'll give you first-look access and consultation opportunities on new features of the site too, and keep you updated each month with just how your money is being used.
We have a collection of special bonus features to say thank you to those who are supporting us: it's British Comedy Guide that you know and love, but with a little extra on top. For example, supporters can see further ahead in our TV schedule system, view more archive data from our databases, subscribe to a daily news update email, and get more questions in our weekly quiz. A full list of perks can be read below.
BCG Supporters can access all the extra benefits for as long as they have an active, recurring donation plan. Alternatively, for those opting to make a one-off donation, we grant one month's access to the benefits per £1 donated (up to a maximum of one year).
As an added bonus to thank those people who make a particularly generous donation, we have some chrome lapel pin badges bearing our logo. We can send one to any postal address, worldwide. To get your badge, you just need to donate £10. You could do this in one go, or build up to £10 via a recurring donation or multiple one-off donations (we'll keep track of your donation history for you).
List of Supporter benefits
As a Supporter, you'll get all of these benefits:
- BCG Supporter icon added to your user profile and forum posts.
- No more adverts at the top of the page (when signed in to your BCG account).
- Entry into a competition prize draw exclusive to BCG Supporters - one winner each month will be randomly selected to win one of our BCG-branded notebooks.
- Option to subscribe to an email newsletter exclusive to Supporters. On the first day of each month, we email an update on what we have funded with the donation money and reveal our next plans. These emails often contain a chance for you to offer feedback on plans and shape what direction BCG should take next.
- Access additional press clippings via the BCG Daily page.
- View the formats a broadcaster has in development.
- View the pilots section on the 'In Development' pages.
- Make use of the 'only new in this year' option on the full list of programmes/films.
- Option to search by decade (rather than individual year) on the list of programmes/films.
- Option to filter the list of programmes by series or episode counts.
- See non-broadcast programmes and pilots in development on the comedy lists.
- See location details and recording dates in programme guides.
- See past repeats on programme guides.
- See additional pages of press clippings on programme and people guides.
- See more links on the News and Live clippings pages.
- Option to subscribe to the BCG Daily Email... a summary sent to inboxes at noon, seven days a week.
- Get first-look access to new data and features as we develop them.
- View archive schedule pages back to the start of 1941.
- View an extra week ahead in TV and radio schedules.
- Filter schedules by genre.
- Filter schedules by channel.
- Get a bonus five questions in each of our weekly quizes.
Additionally, anyone who donates £10 or more, can request a free metal pin badge. We will post this worldwide - request it via your account. If you set up a recurring monthly donation or make several one-off donations, you will still be able to request a badge when the cumulative total of your donations reaches £10.
Legally, we have to point out that the extra benefits are provided at British Comedy Guide's discretion and may be removed, changed, or - more likely - added to at any point without notice. All additional data such location and recording information is subject to availability.