Series J - QI VG: Compilation Show 8
A mixture of new material and the best bits from Series J.
- Best Bit: Joints - Can Alan feel his sphincter relaxing? Jimmy Carr's experience with a camera up his "schlong".
- Best Bit: Justice Tangent - Alan mishears "killing a Spaniard" as "stealing a bike".
- Best Bit: Jam, Jelly and Juice - Character jugs, Toby jugs and puzzle jugs.
- Best Bit: Jargon Tangent - The jizz of birds.
- Best Bit: Jumpers - The square bubble jolly jape.
- New Material: Jolly Tangent - The panel are playing with various practical joke toys. Stephen gives Alan a pen which gives him a big electric shock which Alan claims to be very painful.
- New Material: J-Places - Stephen asks the panel if they have even scene an inside-out moon. The picture on the screens shows the Clangers, which leads the panel to impersonate them. Bill Bailey does the best impression of both the Clangers and the Soup Dragon.
- Best Bit: Just the Job Tangent - Jeremy Clarkson tells a story about an auctioneer who went to a Scottish castle because the owners were selling the contents. The auctioneer tried to find a hat stand, which he discovered was a stuffed German soldier from World War One. What happened was that the Lord or one of his ancestors was in the trenches with his batman, but it was always suspected that their relationship was closer. The batman had looked over the trench, but was shot by the Germans from the opposite trench. The Scot was so angered by this that he ran across No Man's Land, killed the German, dragged the body back to the British trenches, sent the body back home with instructions that he was to be stuffed and used as a hat stand for the rest of time.
- New Material: Justice - Jason Manford was one burgled by two men. When he confronted the two, who appeared to have been first-time burglars, the burglars panicked, waited a bit, and one of them asked to borrow some milk. Prof. Brian Cox has a friend in New York who witnessed a mugging in Central Park. His friend gave chase, but then realised he did not know what he was going to when he caught him. The mugger then turned, as did his friend, and so the mugger started chasing his friend. They kept switching for some time before the mugger dropped the bag he stole and ran off. Jason got mugged when he was around 16-17. The mugger told him to give them money or they would beat him up. Jason handed over some money, but the mugger still beat him up. The thing that annoyed Jason the most was the breaking of the verbal agreement.
- Best Bit: Jumpers Tangent - Stephen bungee jumping and Bill's scuba diving eye accident.
- Best Bit: Jeopardy Tangent - Ross Noble's narcoleptic horse.
- Best Bit: Joints - The 3D printout Strandbeest jolly jape.
- Best Bit: Jack and Jill Tangent - The saddest hide-and-seek story.
- Best Bit: Jumble Tangent - Jo Brand's disgusting story about a student prank gone wrong.
- Best Bit: Jack and Jill - The paper dart jolly jape.
- Best Bit: Jeopardy - The hydrogen-making jolly jape which you should not do at home.
- Friday 4th January 2013
- BBC Two
- 30 minutes
Show past repeats
|Friday 26th April 2013||10:00pm||BBC2|
Cast & crew
|Stephen Fry||Host / Presenter|
|Alan Davies||Regular Panellist|
|Dara O Briain||Guest|
|Brian Cox (as Prof Brian Cox, University of Manchester)||Guest|
|Victoria Coren Mitchell (as Victoria Coren)||Guest|
|James Harkin||Script Editor|
|John Lloyd (as John Lloyd CBE)||Series Producer|
|Ruby Kuraishe||Executive Producer|
|Jonathan Paul Green||Production Designer|
|Andrew Hunter Murray (as Andy Murray)||Researcher|