Series 7, Episode 9 - The Pendulum Draws The Eye
Prize task: Most surprisingly beautiful thing.
* Phil Wang: A jack-in-the-box which when opened has the face of Grace Kelly. - 5
* Jessica Knappett: Sand seen through a microscope. - 4
* James Acaster: A picture of himself drawn by his friend Sam, depicting James with breasts and two penises. - 3
* Kerry Godliman: Art made out a placenta. - 2
* Rhod Gilbert: A photo of the industrial landscape of Port Talbot - with the photo of Greg in his pants photoshopped into it. - 1
Task 1: Put the most money in the small bowl. You may not touch the small bowl. The small bowl must not sink. Also, you must say your own name at least once every 30 seconds. You have five minutes. The money in the small bowl with the highest total of numerical value wins. Your time starts now.
* Kerry: Only one not to sink the bowl. - 5
* James, Jessica, Phil and Rhod: Disqualified for sinking the small bowl. - 0
Task 2A: Be photographed in the most unusual situation wearing this fez. You have eight weeks. Your time starts now.
* Jessica: Wearing the fez in the cockpit of a plane with a pilot who is nicknamed "Fez". - 3
* Kerry: Wearing the fez while dressed in Tudor period costume, but Kerry claims she actually travelled back in time. - 2
* Rhod: A photo of Greg's mother wearing the fez, while she is in the bath. - 1
Task 2B: Part 1 - Hula. You have one minute. Your time starts now. Part 2 - Improve your huling. Greatest improvement wins. You have until the studio shows. Your time starts now.
* James: 5 seconds - 2
* Phil: 1.5 seconds - 1
Task 3: Find the sock with a satsuma inside. You may not look inside any of your socks. You may squeeze five socks. You may stroke ten socks. You may sniff 20 socks. You may put your hand inside three socks. You may put 11 socks on your feet. Fastest wins. Your time starts now.
* Rhod: Puts a tangerine in one of the socks in 2:31. - 4
* Kerry: 8:40 - 4
* James: 9:34 - 3
* Jessica: 16:56 - 2
* Phil: Finds a lime in 10:21. - 0
Task 4 (Team Task): Achieve a rally of exactly 24 shots. You much each take the same amount of shots. You must be stood at least 6'8" apart from one another. The object stuck must neither touch the ground nor be held at any point during the rally. There is a bonus point for the team which uses the most ambitious equipment. Fastest wins. Your time starts now.
* The Girls: 12:49 - 5
* The Boys: Fail to achieve a proper rally, but get bonus point. - 1
Live task: Write your name and draw a picture of a happy horse on your overhead projector acetate, upside-down. You must not rotate or manipulate your acetate. You have 100 seconds. Most accurate picture and writing when your acetate is overhead projected wins.
* James - 5
* Jessica and Phil - 4
* Kerry - 3
* Rhod - 2
* Kerry - 21
* Jessica - 18
* James - 14
* Phil - 11
* Rhod - 9
- Wednesday 31st October 2018
- 60 minutes
Cast & crew
|Greg Davies||Host / Presenter|
|Alex Horne||Host / Presenter|
|Andy Devonshire||Series Director|
|Andy Cartwright||Series Producer|
|Richard Allen-Turner||Executive Producer|
|James Taylor||Executive Producer|
|Jon Thoday||Executive Producer|
|Hilary Rosen||Executive Producer|
|Rob Aslett||Executive Producer|
|Andy Devonshire||Executive Producer|
|Alex Horne||Executive Producer|
|Rebecca Bowker (as Becky Bowker)||Editor|
|James Dillon||Production Designer|
James Acaster impresses with his incredible improved hula hoop skills, while Phil Wang gets shown up. Who wins the points though?
Jessica Knappett tells us how she got herself locked IN her flat, before the show.
James Acaster tries to win extra points by pointing out that he also took part in the fez hat task too.