Taskmaster's New Year Treat 2022 - Basic Recipe 28
Prize task: The most beguiling, unwieldy, shiny thing.
* Lady Leshurr: A MOBO award. - 5
* Jonnie Peacock (represented by Alan Davies due to illness): A copper kettle which was part of the 2012 Olympic flame cauldron. - 4
* Adrian Chiles: A tea urn, which he himself has de-scaled. - 3
* Sayeeda Warsi: A Vesuvius fibre-optic fir Christmas tree. - 2
* Claudia Winkleman: A tiered, large scaled fountain. - 1
Task 1: Put the egg in the eggcup in the most daring way. If the egg breaks you are disqualified. You have 30 minutes. Your time starts now.
* Adrian: Holds the egg with his mouth as he crawls across a concrete driveway with no trousers on, and puts the egg in the eggcup, which is on the ground. - 5
* Sayeeda: Dresses as a blindfolded superhero (although she could actually see), and brings the egg to her via a remote controlled toy rat. She then uses a vacuum cleaner to grab the egg and put it in the eggcup. - 4
* Leshurr: Wraps the egg in salmon and spins the egg into the eggcup. - 3
* Claudia: Throws the egg over Linda the cow and then simply slots the egg into the cup. - 2
* Jonnie: Set up a vast ramp to roll the egg down, but the egg breaks upon landing and he is disqualified. - 0
Task 2: Drink all the vinegar. Fastest wins. Your time starts now and stops when you shout: "I've drunk all the vinegar."
* Adrian: 9:05 to drink the single shot glass of finger among 216 glasses. - 5
* Jonnie: 10:26, because while he found the vinegar faster by discovering it was in glass 85, he spilt it and had to drink it through a straw. - 4
* Claudia, Leshurr and Sayeeda: All fail to drink the vinegar. - 0
Task 3: Choose a length for this pole then guide it through the course. The person who completes the course with the longest pole wins. Every time your pole touches something other than your hands, 10cm will be taken from its length. You have a maximum of ten minutes. Your time starts now.
* Adrian: 302cm poll, made four touches, totalling 262cm. - 5
* Jonnie: 700cm poll, made 48 touches, totalling 220cm. - 4
* Leshurr: 360cm poll, made 15 touches, totally, 210cm. - 3
* Sayeeda: 237cm poll, made three touches, totalling 207cm. - 2
* Claudia: 420cm poll, made 41 touches, totalling 10cm. - 1
Live task, Part 1: Choose a ball. You have 30 seconds. Part 2: Turn your ball into a head. Your new head must be the head of one of your fellow contestants. Best head wins. You have 200 seconds.
* Sayeeda: Adrian on a yoga ball. - 5
* Adrian: Claudia on a rugby ball. - 4
* Alan for Jonnie: Leshurr on a medicine ball. - 3
* Claudia: Adrian on a tennis ball. - 2
* Leshurr: Claudia on a basketball. - 1
* Adrian - 22
* Jonnie - 15
* Sayeeda - 13
* Leshurr - 12
* Claudia - 6
- Saturday 1st January 2022
- Channel 4
- 60 minutes
Show past repeats
Cast & crew
|Greg Davies||Host / Presenter|
|Alex Horne||Host / Presenter|
|Tim Key||Task Consultant|
|Andy Devonshire||Series Director|
|Andy Cartwright||Series Producer|
|Richard Allen-Turner||Executive Producer|
|James Taylor||Executive Producer|
|Jon Thoday||Executive Producer|
|Rob Aslett||Executive Producer|
|Andy Devonshire||Executive Producer|
|Alex Horne||Executive Producer|
|Dan Trelfer||Edit Producer|
|Vicky Winter||Line Producer|
|James Dillon||Production Designer|
|Sam Montague||Director of Photography|
|Christina Baker (as Chrissie Baker)||Make-up Designer|
|John Ford||Lighting Designer|
Adrian Chiles truly suffers for the art of egg manoeuvring.
In what could potentially be one of the most stomach-turning tasks ever, the Celebs must simply drink all the vinegar. However, after a quick realisation that maybe not all the shots are actually vinegar, the different methods of identifying which one is leads to some frustrating close calls.