Series 10, Episode 1 - God's Haemorrhoid
Prize task: The nicest thing to put in your mouth.
* Daisy May Cooper: White wine - 5
* Richard Herring: Halloumi cheese with chilli in it - 4
* Johnny Vegas: Anti-reflux medicine - 3
* Katherine Parkinson: Braces - 2
* Mawaan Rizwan: A rubber teething toy shaped like a chicken wing. - 1
Task 1: Part 1 - Knock the coconut off its perch. Fastest wins. Your time starts now.
* Daisy, Katherine, Mawaan and Richard: All in less than 10 seconds. Each wins a gigantic teddy bear.
* Johnny: 25 seconds. Wins a small teddy bear.
Task 1: Part 2 - Put all these drinks on the table in the caravan without spilling a single drop. Also, you must be clutching this teddy at all times. Also, you must not walk on the grass while holding drinks. Fastest wins. Your time starts now.
* Everyone spills some of the drinks. - 0
Task 2: Make the largest object properly vanish. Largest object to properly vanish wins. You may not use any editing trickery. You have one hour. Your time starts now.
* Mawaan: Makes a cow that looks large disappear, but it is a small cow close to the camera that is moved out of shot. - 5
* Johnny: Performs a play in which Jeremy Corbyn summons a 200ft mutant chicken destroying London, where in reality a normal-sized prop chicken destroys a model version of London, and the chicken disappears behind a piece of blue paper being put in front of it. - 4
* Richard: Makes Little Alex Horne disappear using a mirror. - 2
* Katherine: Makes a sofa disappear by moving a partition in front of it. - 2
* Daisy: Makes a large cow disappear by moving into some bushes. - 1
Task 3: Land the most egg in the frying pan. You may not throw any egg. You must stay on this balcony and you may only use the contents of one of the boxes. You have twenty minutes or until you run out of egg. Your time starts now.
* Daisy: Bonus point for getting an egg closest to the pan.
* Johnny, Katherine, Mawaan and Richard: All landed eggs further away from the pan than Daisy. - 0
Live task: Get the most balls in your bucket. At the end of the task, all the balls in your bucket must be the same colour as each other. You will lose five points for every different coloured ball in your bucket. You may only touch your litter pickers and you must stay on your spot at all times. You have 100 seconds.
* Richard: 12 points - 5
* Daisy: 8 points - 4
* Johnny: 6 points - 3
* Mawaan: 5 points - 2
* Katherine: 4 points minus one penalty, totalling -1 point - 1
* Richard - 12
* Daisy - 11
* Johnny - 10
* Mawaan - 8
* Katherine - 6
- Thursday 15th October 2020
- Channel 4
- 60 minutes
Cast & crew
|Greg Davies||Host / Presenter|
|Alex Horne||Host / Presenter|
|Daisy May Cooper||Self|
|Andy Devonshire||Series Director|
|Andy Cartwright||Series Producer|
|Richard Allen-Turner||Executive Producer|
|James Taylor||Executive Producer|
|Jon Thoday||Executive Producer|
|Rob Aslett||Executive Producer|
|Andy Devonshire||Executive Producer|
|Alex Horne||Executive Producer|
The contestants must vanish a large object. Here's Mawaan Rizwan's attempt.
The contestants must carry some drinks, whilst holding a big teddy. Here's Daisy May Cooper giving it a go.
Taskmaster may have changed channels but it's still just as side-splittingly silly as before.Lauren Morris, Radio Times, 6th October 2020
Ahead of the BAFTA winning tv show making it's Channel 4 debut on Thursday 15th October at 9pm, it was announced today that the brand-new official Taskmaster Podcast has reached number two in the iTunes charts only two days following the trailer release and before any episodes have aired.Bruce Dessau, Beyond The Joke, 14th October 2020
Taskmaster began life as an Edinburgh Fringe show 10 years ago. Comedy critic Bruce Dessau, one of the first contestants, recalls the fun, chaos and rivalry.Bruce Dessau, i Newspaper, 14th October 2020
First episode, as thoroughly entertaining as ever.Bruce Dessau, Beyond The Joke, 15th October 2020
Sure, test and trace might be more medically useful, but would it be as much fun? Take your pleasures where you can.Lucy Mangan, The Guardian, 15th October 2020
So much fun, you could almost forget the pandemic.Anita Singh, The Telegraph, 15th October 2020
The comedy show makes a seamless transfer.Veronica Lee, The Arts Desk, 16th October 2020
That figure is roughly in line with what the show scored on Dave when catch-up viewing was also counted - which means the show is sure to grow its audience with the change in broadcaster, once on-demand requests are also counted. Channel 4 has also hailed the fact that the show won its 9pm slot among the key 16-34 year-old demographic.Chortle, 16th October 2020