Newsjack - Series 4 Page 12

Quote: Badge @ February 9 2011, 10:56 PM GMT

I take it from posts so far that no-one has heard anything yet so I assume we are all still in the game.

I haven't a fu**ing clue if I even got into the bloody game in the first place. Whistling nnocently ;)

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 9 2011, 11:01 PM GMT

I haven't a fu**ing if I even got into the bloody game in the first place. Whistling nnocently ;)

Didn't you get an email?

Quote: Badge @ February 9 2011, 11:02 PM GMT

Didn't you get an email?

What, an email you say? Are you supposed to get an email or something?

Don't be daft - everyone get's an email - they're automated.

You'd have to feel really left out if you didn't get one'

Quote: Griff @ February 9 2011, 11:00 AM GMT

The BBC Trust don't seem to be very impressed with Newsjack.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2011/02/08/12721/more_comedy_for_radio_7

"...Radio 7 currently commissions a few new comedy shows of its own, but today's review concluded that 'this output is making little impact' on audiences..."

I've clearly no idea how the BBC trust or BBC executives think but although Newsjack's listeners would probably struggle to fill a double-decker bus it must get some kudos as a stepping stone.

Just looking at the cast and crew over the last few years most of them have done rather well for themselves:

Miles Jupp - Other topical panel shows, sit-coms with posh middle class person in it & sit-coms with a vicar in it. And he gets to work with Tom Hollander.
Andi Osho - Tons of TV stuff at the minute including own spot on Stand Up for the Week
Lewis MacLeod - Probably the busiest impressionist who doesn't have his own show. All over Radio 4 and BBC TV sketch shows
Tilusha Ghelani - Produces Just a Minute. Enough said.
Sam Michell - Produces Elvenquest
Dan Tetsell - Seems to be in everything on Radio 4 (and BBC2)

I say that in the hope that the BBC will find some reason to keep Newsjack going (or at least start another Open Submissions show) even if it isn't listening figures.

Don't know of any writers who've made it though...

Quote: Big Jack @ February 9 2011, 11:04 PM GMT

Don't be daft - everyone get's an email - they're automated.

You'd have to feel really left out if you didn't get one'

It's a wind-up, right? There is no email is there? Oh you cheeky scamp you! I geddit now, cos if there was an automated email then everybody would get one wouldn't they.

*Breaths huge sigh of relief*

Oooohhhh. You're too sharp. We can only fool you 97% of the time.

Quote: Big Jack @ February 9 2011, 11:15 PM GMT

Oooohhhh. You're too sharp. We can only fool you 97% of the time.

*Starts to fret again*

Oh no, I'm scared now that there might be an automated email after all. I want my mum!

Teary Teary

Quote: StephenM @ February 9 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

Dan Tetsell - Seems to be in everything on Radio 4 (and BBC2)

And BBC3 - he provides the voice of Marion in Mongrels.

Did anyone here go to the recording last night?

Quote: Badge @ February 9 2011, 10:56 PM GMT

If they only got crap for any of the new features we won't hear those new features.

True, true. But if they get 100 good ones for one format they can still only use one.

From what I remember of the first season they had quite a lot of regular features that ended up falling flat or being dropped after two or three episodes. The only one that was really longlasting was Newsbullet (I guess it has been replaced by NewsFox). I suspect that by the second half of the series a lot of them will have fallen by the wayside. This seems to be the first series where neither of the original producers are in it anymore, so I don't know if the new ones are trying to make their mark as it were.

Lewis has also done quite a few radio and TV ad VO's now. I keep pointing out whenever I hear him to the utter disinterest of the rest of my family.

Me too. And, for reference, saying lines from Friends and Red Dwarf just before the character does, gets a similar reaction...

Dan

Quote: Monkeywithtypewriter @ February 10 2011, 10:14 AM GMT

Lewis has also done quite a few radio and TV ad VO's now. I keep pointing out whenever I hear him to the utter disinterest of the rest of my family.

You do that as well? Thank goodness, I am not alone.

1pm and no email. Time to search out the rejects thread?