Newsjack - Series 4 Page 10

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 8 2011, 7:16 PM GMT

I wonder what the questions will be?

Dear Dan,

What's Richard Herring really like?

Any chance Lee and Herring will reform?

Do you still wake up at 3am screaming 'Lab Rats'?

Is it really ok to cash-in on having a family member who was in the SS?

Why is Newsjack on at 10.30pm when 6.30pm feels like its natural timeslot?

Thank you.

Hey optimists. On the bright side - only another five weeks to endure.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 8 2011, 8:56 AM GMT

I just sent my one-liners. I've written a selection of voice messages (formerly vox pops), NewsFox stings and corrections.

Exactly what I sent. The NewsFox strings are like shooting fish in a barrel - I expect we've all sent in exactly the same ones.

Quote: Trabs @ February 8 2011, 2:30 PM GMT

You wait a day and a half for a Newsjack auto-reply, and then two come along at once.

Yep - me too. The robot loves me, but it's still a coquettish slut that likes to keep me guessing

Good luck everyone.

If anyone's going to the recording tomorrow night, please keep an ear out for some sketches. And some quickie gags with a topical angle.

Cheers.

Quote: swerytd @ February 8 2011, 5:04 PM GMT

Web chat on Friday lunchtime: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7/features/newsjack.shtml

Dan

I won't be around for this one. Real life gets in the way again, plus as mentioned above - it's a long time to read about people griping that they got rejected this week. Much like I'd be doing if I was involved.

That said, anyone here able to copy / paste / transcribe / report back? There may be some nuggets of hope in there. Well, just nuggets maybe.

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 8 2011, 7:16 PM GMT

By the way, anyone on here come up with the South Bank Show sketch? It's mentioned on Twitter...

Yes, that was mine (although they changed the punch-line). It was from the last episode of the last series.

By the way anyone here come up with the South Bank Show sketch? It's mentioned on Twitter.

Quote: Trabs @ February 9 2011, 9:09 AM GMT

Yes, that was mine (although they changed the punch-line). It was from the last episode of the last series.

I thought it was strange to refer to a defunct series (as of last year).

Anybody going to the recording tonight?

I've always thought it odd that a supposedly 'racier' version of Weekending should be buried away on what is really "Radio Four Gold".

Solution? Move Newsjack to BBC2. That would be brilliant...

Quote: Griff @ February 9 2011, 11:00 AM GMT

The BBC Trust don't seem to be very impressed with Newsjack.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2011/02/08/12721/more_comedy_for_radio_7

"...Radio 7 currently commissions a few new comedy shows of its own, but today's review concluded that 'this output is making little impact' on audiences..."

Ooh - I like the sound of 'more comedy', though... :)

Btw guys, never having written for/submitted to Newsjack before: when do you find out if they're using your material? Do they contact you ahead of transmission? Or do you find out by listening to the show like everyone else?!

Hi Griff - yes, that's me! Wave Cheers for the info x

Thank you also. Was just about to ask. do those things wave forever?

Quote: Griff @ February 9 2011, 11:17 AM GMT

You'll get an email saying your stuff "might" be in the recording, and then one saying it actually was in the recording (if it was), but you don't know until broadcast whether it actually gets in the final edit.

Eh?

That was the case for me during 'Series 2' but with 'Series 3' it changed to one email around 4pm on Thursday which basically said "You are in tonight's show".

I much prefer the 'Series 3' email. The other way was cruel in that it could build up false hopes.....and it meant that you had to listen to the show.

I think a crystal ball would be handy. If I had known that Meryl Streep as Thatcher was going to be all over the papers I would have rehashed this.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/18086/

And my second comment is still appropriate!

Dan