Newsjack - Series 4 Page 5

Have I ever mentioned that I've yet once to receive the automated "Thanks got your stuff" robot-generated email?

What's that? I have! Are you absolutely sure about that? I find that rather surprising as it's not really like me to labour a point. Whistling nnocently Whistling nnocently

Quote: Corey O'Graffor @ February 2 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

"There is a flat fee for all non-commissioned material (regardless of writer's previous experience). £36 per minute for sketches. £18 per 30 seconds for sketches. £18 for quickies and one liners. This fee will be for taking all rights in the work"

Does this mean you get £18 for every one liner/quickie they use or is it still the sum amount of time?

£18 for each one.

Thanks, Tony.

Id never heard of it till I noticed this thread but Ive got a sketch Im going to send in, and may try and do some other stuff nearer the time too if I can manage it, there doesn't seem to be any way of hearing past series, but I did pick up a few hints of what they are looking for from the Newsjack bbc Radio 7 website...for anyone here whos had stuff performed...well done, it must be quite a thrill to get it on and more than that make some cash for your efforts...good luck to all :)

The Apps bit (i.e, the new Vox Pops) seems to have been borrowed from Look Away Now.

I've started writing for the show. I've mainly written one-liners, but I've also written an "And finally..." sketch as well.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 3 2011, 6:15 PM GMT

for anyone here whos had stuff performed...well done, it must be quite a thrill to get it on and more than that make some cash for your efforts...

The first time I was on I nearly wept with happiness that my little one-liner had been performed on the radio.

By the third time, I sat stony-faced throughout the entire sketch before launching into a ten minute Mussolini-esque rant that their editing had ruined the best bit and the actors had messed up the pacing.

So be careful what you wish for.....

The first time I received the 'automated "Thanks got your stuff" robot-generated email' I almost burped with happiness.

By the 18th time I hardly bothered to read it.....

Quote: Jinky @ February 4 2011, 12:40 PM GMT

The first time I received the 'automated "Thanks got your stuff" robot-generated email' I almost burped with happiness.

By the 18th time I hardly bothered to read it.....

I'd love to be able to be that blasé.

Instead I spend all week fretting, sobbing, drinking meths, beating my kids and checking my in-box every five minutes. If only that robot would acknowledge my existence just once. Is it such a big thing to ask?

Blenkinsop - this was posted on the Newsjack twitter feed... :)

"Hey! Just a quick note to say pls don't panic if u don't receive NJ autoreply. Can sometimes get lost in ether,but ur email wil hve arrived"

Quote: clueless @ February 4 2011, 3:16 PM GMT

Blenkinsop - this was posted on the Newsjack twitter feed... :)

"Hey! Just a quick note to say pls don't panic if u don't receive NJ autoreply. Can sometimes get lost in ether,but ur email wil hve arrived. excpt blenkinsopp as he is a terrorist bumba clart nd wll be tmntd."

Such bad English

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 4 2011, 12:49 PM GMT

Instead I spend all week fretting, sobbing, drinking meths, beating my kids and checking my in-box every five minutes. If only that robot would acknowledge my existence just once. Is it such a big thing to ask?

I sent some stuff last night and got the auto response today...wonder why you're not getting that? so does that mean you don't even know that they have got your submission not to mention read it or even if its reaching the right place? confused

Re the message asking if anyone has copies of the series 3 downloads - I'm after them too. If anyone is dishing them out could you PM me?

Thanks lots

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 4 2011, 4:07 PM GMT

I sent some stuff last night and got the auto response today...wonder why you're not getting that? so does that mean you don't even know that they have got your submission not to mention read it or even if its reaching the right place? confused

Thanks Clueless. (Sorry don't know how to do multiple quote from others' posts on here)

Joking aside Shandonbelle, I'm sure they do get my stuff OK. It's just that their (Newsjack's) robot seems to have a thing about auto-responding to my email address. I've sent stuff to the Beeb in the past for other shows accepting submissions and I've always had them acknowledged and in some cases even broadcast.

But as I have scored a big fat duck with Newsjack then it suits me to harp on about this. Rest assured though if I do have a hit this time round I'll never mention it ever again. ;)

But in the meantime, did I ever tell anyone that I've ne...

I am not tech savvy and even if I was I don't know if I could share old Newsjack shows. But I do know that there are lots of old threads in Critique, some NJ quickies and some sketches (many of which are prefaced "NJ"). In general these and the responses to them will give you an idea of the tone of the show and the sort of things people have submitted. I use past tense because there is a new script editing team for this series so it's a whole new canvas and therefore it might be worth writing anything that even vaguely hits the new writers' brief.