Newsjack - Series 4 Page 2

Quote: Griff @ January 19 2011, 3:24 PM GMT

That's not a nice way to talk about Dan and Sooty.

Indeed Griff you're the living proof that they only use c**ts.

F**king c**ts at that.

Quote: Griff @ January 19 2011, 9:45 PM GMT

Have you ever tried splitting a Newsjack fee? You'd need a hadron collider.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Griff @ January 19 2011, 9:45 PM GMT

Have you ever tried splitting a Newsjack fee? You'd need a hadron collider.

Boom! Two for two! He's on fire!

He's the Tony Cowards of comedy! ;)

Dan

Tickets for Newsjack recordings are now available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/newsjack_2011

Bit of a cast refresh there.

Dan

..and a change to a Wednesday broadcast from Thursdays.

Will this also change the submission dates?

Does it matter?

No.

The date on that link is the 9th Feb, surely that is the night of recording, for it to be broadcast on the Thursday, no?

Oh yes.....

Either over-excitement made me confused.....

...or I was trying to make everybody waste valuable time thinking about it while I cracked on with several "Gordon Brown thinks his phone has been tapped" sketches.

Yeah, looks like the same routine of Wed recording for Thurs broadcast.

Is there still no news about submitting?

'Ello again, team. Long time no post - busy with life and all that guff, but now Newsjack's back to inject some meaning and despondent rejection into my world.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 24 2011, 2:32 PM GMT

Tickets for Newsjack recordings are now available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/newsjack_2011

That there link gives recording dates for Feb 23, Mar 2,9 and 16. I'll assume that means the call out for stuff doesn't start until a week before Feb 23rd? Perhaps Feb 9th was a red herring.

And only four episodes? Unless the ticket site only books so far in advance.

Yeah if it isn't until 23 Feb I guess they'll be asking for stuff as of a week before. I was just surprised as I thought it was earlier.

Quote: Failed Comedy Writer @ January 30 2011, 10:16 AM GMT

Perhaps Feb 9th was a red herring.

Perhaps the 9th and 16th have sold out!!!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ January 30 2011, 10:28 AM GMT

Yeah if it isn't until 23 Feb I guess they'll be asking for stuff as of a week before. I was just surprised as I thought it was earlier.

I'm sure I saw (yesterday but can't find it now) on the BBC ticket site a Newsjack date for 9th Feb that was 'sold out' but that more dates would be posted soon. So I'm guessing that there are two already sold out (9th & 16th?) and the four with current availability (23rd Feb onwards) are the remaining four of a six week run. It would be quite unusual if the run was only four.

This is pure supposition on my part and might be complete guff but I don't think so.

Just had a quick shufty on Writersroom and as yet no call.

Don't know why I'm even bothering to take any interest. My strike rate with the show is - submitted to every episode of all three series and have yet to have the automated response saying that they got my stuff just once.

Have I ever mentioned that before? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 30 2011, 4:05 PM GMT

I'm sure I saw (yesterday but can't find it now) on the BBC ticket site a Newsjack date for 9th Feb that was 'sold out' but that more dates would be posted soon. So I'm guessing that there are two already sold out (9th & 16th?) and the four with current availability (23rd Feb onwards) are the remaining four of a six week run. It would be quite unusual if the run was only four.

This is pure supposition on my part and might be complete guff but I don't think so.

Just had a quick shufty on Writersroom and as yet no call.

Don't know why I'm even bothering to take any interest. My strike rate with the show is - submitted to every episode of all three series and have yet to have the automated response saying that they got my stuff just once.

Have I ever mentioned that before? Whistling nnocently

It's very unlikely to be sold out, considering the size of the audiences last year...