Newsjack - Series 4 Page 9

Quote: Trabs @ February 8 2011, 2:30 PM GMT

You wait a day and a half for a Newsjack auto-reply, and then two come along at once.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!! Twist the knife why don't you ;) ;)

Yeah I've just got some auto-replies. Maybe someone has given the robot a kick?

Blenkinsop, if the auto-reply has trouble with your email address, why don't you create a free gmail account? You can always set this to forward email to your main account. Or purchase a domain name and forward emails on from that. I've checked 1-2-3 reg and www.oi-robot-dont-ignore-me.co.uk is free :)

Quote: Ishy @ February 8 2011, 3:04 PM GMT

Yeah I've just got some auto-replies. Maybe someone has given the robot a kick?

Blenkinsop, if the auto-reply has trouble with your email address, why don't you create a free gmail account? You can always set this to forward email to your main account. Or purchase a domain name and forward emails on from that. I've checked 1-2-3 reg and www.oi-robot-dont-ignore-me.co.uk is free :)

Hi Ishy,

No good I've tried something similar before but still didn't get any auto response then either. Don't know what the hell it is as other Beeb robots have replied in the past. It's just this bloody show that has it in for me.

I know my stuff must be getting there as it doesn't rebound. But just once it would be nice to get a response. Teary Teary

DAMN YOU NEWSJACK ROBOT!!! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT YOU EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE ME JUST ONCE? WHAT HAVE I DONE TO HURT YOU? CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT THIS? AM I REALLY THAT EVIL? I TRY TO BE GOOD, GOD KNOWS I DO. OH BUT IT'S NO USE! I'M OFF TO END IT ALL!!

Just delivered by Salford carrier pigeon (content the same as series 3):

Thanks but no thanks for submitting to Newsjack.

Despite our usual assurances, we've had a quick squint at your submission and in this instance we will be making an exception and not reading everything. Due to the exceptionally poor quality of your submission we felt it necessary to respond to you individually.

All the best,
The Newsjack Team

Blenkinsop, the robot is just toying with you, don't take the bait. Play hard to get, that's what I do - I don't send anything in.

Something interesting has happened today which has given me a bit more hope about one of my sketches being shown. In my "And finally..." sketch I sent them yesterday, I wrote that Radio 7 was changing it's name to Radio 4 Extra. Today, it was confirmed that the change would be happening.

Hey Blenkinsop,

Cut and paste this, then send it to yourself.

Quote: Will Cam @ February 8 2011, 4:24 PM GMT

Hey Blenkinsop,

Cut and paste this, then send it to yourself.

Fantastic you've just saved me a fortune Will. I had just instructed my Brokers to place a hostile bid and buy the BBC for me. After the deal had gone though I was intending to appoint myself 'Executive Producer Open Door Submission Sketch Shows' and immediately make myself 'Executive Chief Writer'

But, on balance, your solution is more immediate and a whole lot easier. Not to mention less drastic and considerably cheaper.

Cheers

B.

One-liners submitted! Meep! :)

Just sent in the one liners.

I feel like I've started smoking again. I feel giddy now, but inside a fortnight it will just be grim, hacking determination.

Web chat on Friday lunchtime: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7/features/newsjack.shtml

Dan

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 8 2011, 2:15 PM GMT

You've still got 164 minutes to get some one-liners in...

Bugger. I forgot about those. Although, I think myself and co-writer had such a massive fail on the vox-pops last time round that we were gonna just do sketches.

Well, good luck to everybody who's done stuff.

Btw if any of you are Twitter types, @TruthSandwich has set up a list of Newsjack contributors -

http://twitter.com/TruthSandwich/newsjack

- ping him if you want to be added to it!

Quote: swerytd @ February 8 2011, 5:04 PM GMT

Web chat on Friday lunchtime: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7/features/newsjack.shtml

Dan

I wonder what the questions will be?

Why didn't you use my sketch?

WHY DIDN'T YOU USE MY SKETCH?

My sketch, not used, why?

...and so on...

By the way anyone here come up with the South Bank Show sketch? It's mentioned on Twitter.

Quote: swerytd @ February 8 2011, 5:04 PM GMT

Dan

They want us to send in questions...Im not falling into that trap...a well crafted question joining a well crafted sketch in the reject pile...oh no they dont