Newsjack - Series 4 Page 4

You should email them Ishy - if your name's on the credits then you should get the dosh.

These are Beeb standard rates. Material is rounded up to the nearest minute or half minute thereof - thus a one line quickie attracts the half minute rate and a 35 second piece attracts the full one minute rate etc etc. After that as they say stateside "Do the math."

As has been suggested these are for CV credits, a bit of kudos and generally getting onself noticed, rather than the accumulation of riches beyond the dreams of avarice.

Agree with Badge Ishy. If you were credited for the show then if you email them and point it out you will get your just rewards.

Do you all think we would get away with ad spoofs and other things that might mention brandnames (in a zeitgesity sort of way)? Eg MoneySupermarket.com, Simples.

I can't remember if NJ has done it before. I think I remember ad spoofs on Dead Ringers (a while ago!).

I'll try and ask during the Q&A on Friday, but I wonder if anyone here has a better memory for these things than me.

Quote: David Salisbury @ February 1 2011, 8:42 AM GMT

I can't remember if NJ has done it before. I think I remember ad spoofs on Dead Ringers (a while ago!).

I remember ad spoofs on The News Huddlines...

The Writers Room have posted some information, but not much.

Quote: Will Cam @ January 31 2011, 2:08 PM GMT

There's not going to be much scope for 'normal' sketches given the raft of new features. Maybe they just got bored of Miles Interview stuff.

Probably.When they completely re-wrote the sketch of mine they took (and I mean completely, I think they took the jokeless opening line and the initial premise, which basically was a sound effect, but nothing else) they changed it to a 'Miles Interviews' sketch. So even the in-house team struggled not to resort to that format.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 1 2011, 6:14 PM GMT

The Writers Room have posted some information, but not much.

Cheers, Ian.

I thought I saw someone say they have some podcasts from the last series? I can't find the post now but if any of you do would it be possible for you to PM me?

Just taken 1hr 10min to come up with 5 NewsFox one liners!

Any good? Look forward to hearing them on the radio (or reading them on the site it's all good)

Unknown quantity as yet Soot. Will post them next week in the rejected pile.

I'm sending them a photocopy of my todger

it's not funny but well my sketches didnt get in

I've submitted to the first three series and got nothing in. Time to give up on it for me.

"There is a flat fee for all non-commissioned material (regardless of writer's previous experience). £36 per minute for sketches. £18 per 30 seconds for sketches. £18 for quickies and one liners. This fee will be for taking all rights in the work"

Does this mean you get £18 for every one liner/quickie they use or is it still the sum amount of time?

Quote: Ben @ February 2 2011, 10:34 PM GMT

I've submitted to the first three series and got nothing in. Time to give up on it for me.

I gave myself the last series off, but maybe I'll try again. I suspect that if you are going to get noticed the time to do it is episode 1 of a series,