Newsjack - Series 4 Page 3

I was surprised too, but unless I'm going completely mad that's what it said on the BBC ticket site on Saturday.

Maybe they're only opening the downstairs part of the theatre or summat?

And speaking of Newsjack, did I ever mention that I've...Ah, but no... erm...

Blenkinsop was not hallucinating. I too saw a "sold out" notice on the 9th show a few days back.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ January 31 2011, 10:45 AM GMT

Blenkinsop was not hallucinating. I too saw a "sold out" notice on the 9th show a few days back.

A-ha! So I'm not mad then. That is good news.

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 31 2011, 8:50 AM GMT

It's very unlikely to be sold out, considering the size of the audiences last year...

A chance to see that bloke with the beard in 'Rev' and the dull woman in 'Reginald Perrin'?

No doubt there will be a few touts in Portland Place on the day of the recording.....

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ January 31 2011, 10:45 AM GMT

Wasn't Nick Clegg carrying it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r <- IT'S BACK!

There's not going to be much scope for 'normal' sketches given the raft of new features. Maybe they just got bored of Miles Interview stuff.

Bleurgh

it's all a bit lemon and lime jaffa cakes

I doubt all the features will last - they'll drop anything we don't write well for. Funny they've done a u-turn on movie trailers, though.

"There is a flat fee for all non-commissioned material (regardless of writer's previous experience). £36 per minute for sketches. £18 per 30 seconds for sketches. £18 for quickies and one liners. This fee will be for taking all rights in the work"

Is this a change to the payments?

61 second sketches look like the best bet.

It is interesting to see that the "Vox Pops" section has been replaced by the App. I should think however, that it will be the same type of jokes as always.

Quote: Jinky @ January 31 2011, 2:37 PM GMT

I think it might be. I don't recall ever seeing 30-second fees in previous series. That said, all the stuff I had on was up around the 55-second mark.

My single Vox Pop in series 3 got me about 18 quid. I think they classed it as a quickie rate. So it looks like the same as last series but I think that was a change from 1 and 2.

If you are planning on getting rich quick then Newsjack isn't necessarily for you.

Quote: Jinky @ January 31 2011, 2:37 PM GMT

"There is a flat fee for all non-commissioned material (regardless of writer's previous experience). £36 per minute for sketches. £18 per 30 seconds for sketches. £18 for quickies and one liners. This fee will be for taking all rights in the work"

61 second sketches look like the best bet.

Don't think so, I got some payments of £18 for one-liners that they used last time around (one of which lasted all of about 10 seconds).

Quote: Badge @ January 31 2011, 2:59 PM GMT

My single Vox Pop in series 3 got me about 18 quid.

I got a Vox Pop on last series and didn't get a penny :(

Yours was obviously a much more satisfying quickie, fnarr, fnarr :)