Newsjack - Series 4 Page 65

Quote: Badge @ July 16 2011, 11:06 PM BST

Variety is important.

It's The Spicer Life.

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 16 2011, 10:50 PM BST

Even so-called topical shows on TV such as Mock the Week aren't particularly topical-it missed the Murdoch story.

Only because it wasn't recording when the story broke...

Quote: RJ @ July 17 2011, 5:40 PM BST

Only because it wasn't recording when the story broke...

You say only as if that was a little thing-it is called "Mock the Week"...

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 17 2011, 8:33 PM BST

You say only as if that was a little thing-it is called "Mock the Week"...

Well, when the last show in the series is recorded on a Tuesday, and the story breaks on a Wednesday, there's not much that can be done. There has to be a cut off with any topical show, so they can edit the thing for broadcast. You just hope nothing big happens in the time between recording, editing and transmission. This time it did. Rough timing.

The events of this story have broken so quickly, they've taken a lot of people by surprise...

Quote: RJ @ July 18 2011, 1:54 PM BST

Well, when the last show in the series is recorded on a Tuesday, and the story breaks on a Wednesday, there's not much that can be done. There has to be a cut off with any topical show, so they can edit the thing for broadcast. You just hope nothing big happens in the time between recording, editing and transmission. This time it did. Rough timing.

The events of this story have broken so quickly, they've taken a lot of people by surprise...

I'm not particularly interested in when a show was filmed, only that Mock the Week is filmed two days before transmission, as opposed to Newsjack which is filmed one day before transmission.

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 18 2011, 5:13 PM BST

I'm not particularly interested in when a show was filmed, only that Mock the Week is filmed two days before transmission, as opposed to Newsjack which is filmed one day before transmission.

Because Mock records for three hours and is TV. Newsjack records for about an hour and is radio. TV stuff usually takes longer to edit that radio stuff.

I don't make the rules, I'm just trying to explain them to you...

Quote: RJ @ July 19 2011, 12:27 AM BST

Because Mock records for three hours and is TV. Newsjack records for about an hour and is radio. TV stuff usually takes longer to edit that radio stuff.

I don't make the rules, I'm just trying to explain them to you...

Thanks. I just thought the explaination went on a bit. Probably just me.

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 19 2011, 1:56 PM BST

Thanks. I just thought the explaination went on a bit. Probably just me.

You're welcome.