- 8th March via Anime News Network: Pokemon's 25th anniversary celebrated on BBC's Newsjack
- Sketch Show
- 2009 - 2021
- BBC Radio 4 Extra, BBC Radio 7
- 143 (1 pilot + 24 series), plus 2 highlights specials
- Kiri Pritchard-McLean, Angela Barnes, Nish Kumar, Romesh Ranganathan, Justin Edwards, Miles Jupp, Jess Robinson, Lewis Macleod and others
- Danny Antrobus, Colin Chadwick, Gareth Gwynn, Matthew Morton, John-Luke Roberts, Luke Catterson, James Kettle, Emma Payne and others
- Suzy Grant, Hayley Sterling, Leila Navabi, Benjamin Sutton, Adnan Ahmed, Nick Coupe, Tilusha Ghelani, Sam Michell, Simon Mayhew-Archer, Ed Morrish and others
Originally hosted by Miles Jupp, then Justin Edwards, followed by Romesh Ranganathan, Nish Kumar, Angela Barnes and now Kiri Pritchard-McLean, the tone is lively, satirical, and distinctly irreverent.
Notably, most of the sketches are written by members of the public, as the programme is happy to receive unsolicited material. For example, the production team revealed that for Series 7 they were reading 450 emails a week, and broadcast the work of 123 different writers.
Newsjack writing alumni include James Kettle, now writing on a variety of Radio 4 shows including It's Not What You Know; Eddie Robson, whose has created sitcom Welcome To Our Village, Please Invade Carefully; and Tom Neenan, who went on to become one of BBC Radio Comedy's bursary writers.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Seven On Seven (Working title)
- 7 On 7 (Working title)
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 4th June 2009 on BBC Radio 7 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 18th March 2021 on BBC Radio 4 Extra at 10:30pm
- Last repeat
- Sunday 21st March 2021 at 11:00pm