- Sketch Show
- 2009 - 2019
- BBC Radio 4 Extra, BBC Radio 7
- 121 (1 pilot + 20 series), plus 2 highlights specials
- Kiri Pritchard-McLean, Angela Barnes, Nish Kumar, Romesh Ranganathan, Justin Edwards, Miles Jupp, George Fouracres, Lewis Macleod and others
- Matthew Morton, Luke Catterson, James Kettle, Emma Payne, Darren Ross, Mark Spiller, Alex Buchanan, Andy Flood and others
- Ed Morrish, Carl Cooper, Arnab Chanda, Charlie Perkins, Lyndsay Fenner, Matt Stronge, Toby Tilling, Suzy Grant, Paul Sheehan, Tilusha Ghelani and others
Originally hosted by Miles Jupp, then Justin Edwards, followed by Romesh Ranganathan, Nish Kumar, Angela Barnes and now Kiri Pritchard-McLean, the tone is lively, satirical, and distinctly irreverent.
Notably, most of the sketches are written by members of the public, as the programme is happy to receive unsolicited material. For example, the production team revealed that for Series 7 they were reading 450 emails a week, and broadcast the work of 123 different writers.
Newsjack writing alumni include James Kettle, now writing on a variety of Radio 4 shows including It's Not What You Know; Eddie Robson, whose has created sitcom Welcome To Our Village, Please Invade Carefully; and Tom Neenan, who went on to become one of BBC Radio Comedy's bursary writers.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Seven On Seven (Working title)
- 7 On 7 (Working title)
- Laugh track
- Live audience
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Thursday 4th June 2009 on BBC Radio 7 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 14th March 2019 on BBC Radio 4 Extra at 10:30pm
- Last repeat
- Sunday 17th March 2019 at 11:00pm