Newsjack - Series 4

According to the comedy guide, the fourth series of Newsjack begins next month.

Wolfman, you're giving me the hump man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVMoy3J-RVI

Oooh! Goody.

A fourth opportunity to see if I will ever get the automated response email saying that they have received my weekly tosh.

Score so far:

Newsjack 3 v 0 Blenkinsop

I have submitted material to every ep of all 3 series I think - but have yet to get the notification even once. Can anybody beat this?

Maybe I'm on the mythical blacklist like what Dan used to be. ;) ;)

I know. I'll write a running sketch (they're popular) featuring some bloke that sends off sketches to a radio show and every week then the same thing happens (that's popular too)

FX_______________________________COCK CROWING THEN WINDOWS IDENT STING

BLENKY:
I'll Just check my emails as I sent off my sketches to that BBC comedy show on the radio last night. I'm sure to get the automated response and thus know that, although highly unlikely that any of mine will be used, at least I'm in with a shout and can dream between now and broadcast day.

FX_______________________________MOUSE CLICKS

BLENKY:
OK, I'll just open my inbox and see. Right, time to read my automated your emails have been received response. Har har! At last readers...

FX_______________________________MOUSE CLICKS

BLENKY:
Bollocks!!! Hmmmm, maybe I'm on that mythical blacklist...

END:

Quote: Griff @ January 13 2011, 6:17 PM GMT

Ian exclusively reveals scoop that has been listed on the Newsjack programme page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r for months! Another win for our ace investigative reporter!

Quote: Griff @ January 13 2011, 6:17 PM GMT

Ian exclusively reveals scoop that has been listed on the Newsjack programme page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r for months! Another win for our ace investigative reporter!

He didn't claim it was a scoop.

What date is it starting again?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 16 2011, 10:49 PM GMT

What date is it starting again?

Not sure, but I bet when it does that I won't get any automated emails saying that they've received my submissions (that is if I can be arsed to send any)

I think I might be on a blacklist you know. Swerytd (Dan) knows all about that.

I beleive series 4 begins on Feb. the 4th.

I intend to submit some stuff, but a question for anyone who knows the show better than I do (I-player and podcasts no longer available) The show goes out at 11pm. As it's so late, does anyone know if that means the language can be a bit more 'adult' not just in terms of swearing but the theme of a sketch?

Ta Loves.

A PS to my last post. Just checked the website and series 4 start on the 11th of Feb. - NOT the 4th.

A bloody good question! I can't find it myself now - however as it's a few weeks away I'm getting stuff off now which the website says you can. Any info on my main question? I'm toning things down slightly more than I would like at the moment.

You can't really swear on the radio. Mild stuff you might be able to slip in as long as it's in context, but your stronger swearing will probably not get on air (shit upwards...).

I would say this also applies to themes as well. Although the show does air late, the tone of the show is very rarely "close to the bone" or overtly adult.

I have a couple of shows from the last series on podcast, if you want to get a feel for the tone of the show, then PM your email, and I will try to forward them on to you.

They've used arseholes, and possibly wankers. Nothing stronger than that, though, and they are the exception.

Quote: Griff @ January 19 2011, 3:24 PM GMT

That's not a nice way to talk about Dan and Sooty.

Laughing out loud

If I wasn't laughing, I'd be offended.

Dan

Quote: Griff @ January 19 2011, 3:24 PM GMT

That's not a nice way to talk about Dan and Sooty.

Do we split the fee on that one? Set-up, joke?
:P