Newsjack - Series 4 Page 6

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 4 2011, 10:13 PM GMT

Joking aside Shandonbelle, I'm sure they do get my stuff OK. It's just that their (Newsjack's) robot seems to have a thing about auto-responding to my email address.

I emailed stuff last series and always got an automated reply. I sent some sketches last night but haven't had an automated response yet. Now I have the fear :)

I didn't submit anything to series three due to moving house and changing job.

Does anybody who was also at the December '09 workshop know if the "special deadlines" still apply to us?

I do have some podcasts from series 1 and 2, not series 3. I have emailed them to some people already. If you're interested pm me your email address and I'll try to email a podcast to you.

For some reason Big Jack, I couldn't see a PM button for you, but if you pm me, I can send you a podcast too.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 5 2011, 11:24 AM GMT

I didn't submit anything to series three due to moving house and changing job.

Does anybody who was also at the December '09 workshop know if the "special deadlines" still apply to us?

Not as far as I know and the special email address wouldn't be of use anyway as Dan Tetsell isn't involved.

Quote: Ishy @ February 5 2011, 10:18 AM GMT

I emailed stuff last series and always got an automated reply. I sent some sketches last night but haven't had an automated response yet. Now I have the fear :)

Welcome to my world of fear and paranoia. Wave ;)

I've just received the automated email response and I haven't sent anything in yet.

(Not really, just wanted to make Blenkinsop cry)

Quote: Jinky @ February 5 2011, 4:18 PM GMT

I've just received the automated email response and I haven't sent anything in yet.

(Not really, just wanted to make Blenkinsop cry)

Teary Teary

I've written some more one-liners, including some corrections, and a sketch based on both the Pakistan cricket scandal and the BBC's recent apologies to other nations.

Just sent off three intrepid exploring sketches, their mission to infiltrate and impregnate the editors of Newsjack. (Not literally of course as that would be immoral and probably illegal without their expressed written consent). Could this be the first tiny but significant step towards world domination? If so could I actually become King of the World? lets hope so. Revolution for Comedy writers brothers and sisters! Who is with me?

No one. Bugger.

I've written 2 mediocre sketches now thinking about the 3rd.

I'm holding three, even though The 10 O'Clock Show somehow stole one of my earlier ideas :)

Is there any advantage to sending them in early? (I normally hold fire until the last minute to try and make late (wholly necessary) improvements.)

I wouldn't think so

And it's always worth it for a final edit

Quote: sootyj @ February 6 2011, 3:00 PM GMT

I wouldn't think so

Cheers Sooty

Quote: sootyj @ February 6 2011, 3:00 PM GMT

Well mine are gone in...May they rest in peace

Does an "And finally" class as a sketch or one liners (being just a series of four one liners)??

Makes a difference to the deadline for submission and the nu,kber fo sketches that can go.