- 1975 - 1979
- BBC Two
- 12 (2 series)
- John Cleese, Prunella Scales, Andrew Sachs, Connie Booth, Ballard Berkeley, Brian Hall, Gilly Flower and Renee Roberts
- John Cleese and Connie Booth
- John Howard Davies and Bob Spiers
- John Howard Davies and Douglas Argent
Fawlty Towers, a 22-room hotel located in Torquay, the centre of the 'English Riviera', is a den of mishap and disaster.
Basil Fawlty, owner and manager of the hotel, is a man of infinite capability in impoliteness, caustic intolerance and general rudeness toward the guests he views as an unwelcome imposition. His wife, Sybil, is of a more practical demeanour, but seems to have an immunity to work. The running of the hotel is thus often left to waitress, maid, and all-round help Polly. Meanwhilse, Spanish waiter and porter Manuel is still struggling with English.
- Camera set-up
- First broadcast
- Friday 19th September 1975 at 9pm on BBC Two
- Most recent repeats
- BBC Television Centre - Studio
- Bourne End (Buckinghamshire) - Town scenes
- Wooburn Grange Country Club - Hotel exteriors (Link)