An adult puppet sitcom for BBC Three about a fox, a cat, a dog and a pigeon who hang out together in an inner-city yard
- 2010 - 2011
- BBC Three
- 17 (1 pilot + 2 series), plus 2 specials
- Adam Miller
- Tony Way, Rufus Jones, Lucy Montgomery, Katy Brand, Dan Tetsell, Paul Kaye, Ruth Bratt and Felix Dexter
- Jon Brown and Daniel Peak
- Adam Miller
- Stephen McCrum and Mark Freeland
Mongrels is a puppet comedy featuring adult humour. It tells the tale of a group of urban animals who hang out together an inner-city backyard.
The sitcom follows the day-to-day lives, trials and tribulations of Nelson, a metrosexual fox; Destiny, a pretentious pedigree 'it-bitch'; Kali, a deeply cynical pigeon; Marion, an abandoned tom cat; and Vince, a streetwise geezer fox. They are kidults struggling with the everyday drama of life in the back-alleys of the urban jungle.
Mongrels is bold, mischievous, upbeat, surprising and colourful. It encompasses all human life, love and its contradictions - relationships, sex, aspirations, desperations and shattered dreams. The show also features cut-aways and flashbacks (a bit like Family Guy), musical songs and cameo appearances.
On the 18th of January 2012, it was announced that Mongrels would not return for a third series.
- Production company
- Laugh track
Supporters and subscribers get more
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 22nd June 2010 on BBC Three at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 19th December 2011 on BBC Three at 11:05pm
- Last repeat
- Monday 7th March 2016 at 2:00am