Would I Lie To You? - Series 3 Page 10

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 9 2009, 1:04 PM BST

Jack Whitehall.

Really?? His mother or his father? He makes a lot of jokes about his parents or at least his father being old fashioned and conservative. Doesn't seem like the type to produce a comedy show for BBC. Must be his mother.

Sorry, Sal, I just call him "the producer's kid" as a sort-of suggestive dig at how the hell this guy gets on TV. Apparently it's on his own merit (and that of his agent.) It's just me being a sad and bitter old hack, I'm afraid. (Saying that, the TNT show is almost unforgiveable.) And as I said, he seems like a nice boy actually. Though 20 is a rather dangerous age for a comedian to be straight onto telly, frankly (in terms of achieving any longevity). Needs to serve some hard comedy time, sucking-off "managers" behind "comedy clubs" in the Tottenham Court Road. :)

Ahhh there we go, thanks for the explanation. I agree he's a good kid. There's an episode of 8 Out Of 10 Cats where he makes a really great joke about Robert Mugabe. I don't think I've seen David Mitchell laugh so hard. Liked him ever since.

I don't mind Rob Brydon... but he really should give up on attempting to do impressions.

As for Jack Whitehall, you better get used to him - he's going to be ubiquitous soon. He's on Mock The Week tomorrow for starters.

Talking of Jack - Twitter followers will know, it turns out that the wrester actually hurt him quite badly but they edited out the bit where he just lay there groaning on the floor!

Yikes. It did look like a very heavy fall.

A boy did that to me when I was 10. :( It was at my first and only judo lesson but that's no excuse!

Quote: Mark @ September 10 2009, 1:36 AM BST

As for Jack Whitehall, you better get used to him - he's going to be ubiquitous soon. He's on Mock The Week tomorrow for starters.

Why is this unfunny nobody being rammed down our throats? I could understand if he was a brilliantly, outrageous and incredibly witty comedian, but he's not.

He looks like he should be stood next to Ferne Cotton and talking about Lady Gaga's new dress on E4 or some other vaccuous trivial bullshit.

I haven't seen any of his other shows, but by all accounts, they're shit and he's shit in them, so why are the BBC throwing money and exposure at this 'effort'?

I'm sure in real life, Jack Whitehall is a lovely bloke who nurses sick puppies back to health and recycles frequently, but that just isn't enough in my comedy book.

No doubt, he'll get a pity laugh like he did from the audience on Would I Lie to You. 'Oh look, the young one tried to make a funny, awww.'

Bag O'Shite.

I would never want to get "pity laughs", they'd be demeaning and embarrassing. (I've got nothing against "pity shags" though.)

Quite comfortably the best show of the series (so far) tonight, I thought. :)

Couldn't disagree more. Omid was a good guest, and Davina wasn't too bad, but generally it was blooming dull, and only managed one laugh from me in the whole half hour. Poor.

The Best of Would I Lie To You? is on Dave now. :D With Angus.

Quote: Aaron @ September 14 2009, 11:10 PM BST

Couldn't disagree more. Omid was a good guest, and Davina wasn't too bad, but generally it was blooming dull, and only managed one laugh from me in the whole half hour. Poor.

I agree with Aaron on this one. Brydon was back on autocue and Lee and David didn't have their usual exchange, which I always find to be the funniest part of the show.

Janet Street-Porter is on my list of people I would never want to meet in any circumstance, along with Alan Sugar, Danny Dyer and Piers Morgan.

The Omid Muslim bomb joke did make me laugh though.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 14 2009, 11:16 PM BST

I agree with Aaron on this one.

(SINGS.) "Teacher's pet, I want to be teacher's pet. I wanna be huggled and snuggled as close to you as I can get!" Unimpressed

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 14 2009, 11:16 PM BST

The Omid Muslim bomb joke did make me laugh though.

I thought it bombed.

If only Street Porter was her occupation, she wouldn't be on TV.

Episode was ok, nothing special. Format is made for Mitchell.

Struggling with sentence construction.

Ugh.

I did like the Djalili Picalilli though.

:D

I didn't think it was a great episode.