Would I Lie To You? - Series 3 Page 8

I laughed a lot tonight and I like all the guests. I don't mind Rob so much but still preferred Angus.

"I thought I was from the North, 'til I met you!" :)

I'm still a little confused by Rob Brydon. He clearly can't do impressions very well, but I can't tell whether he's in on the joke or not.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm often not clear whether he gets his own humourous links or not.

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2009, 2:49 PM BST

You do have a terribly large chip on your shoulder, don't you SON?

To be fair Terry Christian came across as a bit of a dick last week.

Certainly not funny anyway.

I thought tonights show was very funny but I agree Rob Brydon seems a little awkward. Where has that hair come from?

Lee Mack was brilliant tonight and I say that as someone who has never really liked him but his joy and taunting of David Mitchell when juggling was very funny.His best bit was when he told Rob Brydon to do his Ronnie Corbett impression seeing as though it's the only one he can do.

Claudia Winkleman looked lovely.

a good show all over then.

Quote: Marc P @ August 31 2009, 11:48 PM BST

She's great, naturally very funny which is rare. She doesn't have to try too hard.

See this is a great point. This is what makes Brydon so shit. He tries way too hard and comes across pathetic and overly needy to impress. The autocue is fine, it's what they use on these shows, but his delivery is just way too earnest, and can't stand his gigantic "wasn't that funny??" smile after every joke. We need the deadpan Angus back.

David and Lee were great this episode. The combination of those two is what makes this show so great.

And yes I am in love with Claudia Winkleman as always.

Deayton was a good presenter for this show, but I don't think anything is wrong with Brydon, he's fine.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ September 1 2009, 6:28 AM BST

See this is a great point. This is what makes Brydon so shit. He tries way too hard and comes across pathetic and overly needy to impress. The autocue is fine, it's what they use on these shows, but his delivery is just way too earnest, and can't stand his gigantic "wasn't that funny??" smile after every joke. We need the deadpan Angus back.

Disagree; he certainly isn't shit, I think that's just silly. I like Deayton, but he is a bit stiff and cold; much better someone who can join in.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 1 2009, 12:40 AM BST

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm often not clear whether he gets his own humourous links or not.

Why wouldn't he? Are you just trying to say you think he's in some way stupid or doesn't get comedy? The guy who wrote Marion And Geoff and Human Remains??

Anyway, last night's episode was funny.

Quote: zooo @ August 31 2009, 11:52 PM BST

Oh I only just realised she and Tim were both in NGO.
D'oh.

That passed me by as well, however I did remember straight away that David Mitchell and Claudia Winkleman used to be on Fanorama together, so points for me.

I also think Rob Brydon is a great host, I see can why some people don't like him as much as Angus Deayton, but he's not as bad as some are making out.

Quote: Splodge @ September 1 2009, 10:26 AM BST

That passed me by as well, however I did remember straight away that David Mitchell and Claudia Winkleman used to be on Fanorama together, so points for me.

And Winkleman's sister (Half? Step?) is Big Suze in Peep Show with Mitchell!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 1 2009, 10:10 AM BST

Why wouldn't he? Are you just trying to say you think he's in some way stupid or doesn't get comedy? The guy who wrote Marion And Geoff and Human Remains??

It's just his delivery style often doesn't really seem to fit the material. It sometimes feels like Victoria Wood doing a Frankie Boyle routine.

I like Rob Brydon, but he does still seem a bit awkward on this. Like he can't tell whether to join in on the banter or just stick to the autocue.

Really enjoyable episode again. I agree, Miranda Hart is just naturally funny and it was great to see her on WILTY. Very impressed with Mr Mack's juggling aswell!

Last night was the second outing of Brydon's David Mitchell impersonation. Cringe-worthy, please no more, Rob!

Agreed, it was awful.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 1 2009, 4:02 PM BST

Last night was the second outing of Brydon's David Mitchell impersonation. Cringe-worthy, please no more, Rob!

Eeesh. I haven't seen it yet, and I'm gonna Catch-Up with it tonight, so many thanks for the pre-warning. >_<

I think the show needs better guests.

I think they usually have a really good spread of guests. Much better than its opposite number 8 Out Of 10 Cats, or even Buzzcocks. The latter of which in fact has some stinkingly awful guests!