- Panel Show
- 2007 - 2021
- BBC One
- 121 (14 series), plus 16 highlights, out-takes and short specials
- Peter Holmes
- Rob Brydon, Angus Deayton, Lee Mack, David Mitchell, David de Keyser and Paul Ridley
- Angus Deayton, Frankie Boyle, Rob Colley, Dominic English, Dan Gaster, Ged Parsons, Steve Punt, Charlie Skelton and more
- Barbara Wiltshire and David Coyle
- Rachel Ablett, Karen Murdoch, Richard Cohen, Adam Copeland, Andrew Westwell, Derek McLean, Fiona McDermott, Kate Staples and more
The aim of the game is to fool the opposition into mistaking fact for fiction and fiction for fact. To do so, panellists need quick-wit and a poker face. Only those who can think on their feet will survive interrogation from the other team.
For example, Bill Oddie revealed he was saved from drowning by a character from Rainbow, Lorraine Kelly admitted she presented a live show whilst drunk, and it turned out Sir Terry Wogan used to set fire to colleague's scripts live on air. However, David Mitchell did not really kill a rat with his BAFTA and Nick Hewer was spinning a yarn when he described how he used to play ping-pong on the boardroom table with Lord Sugar.
Meanwhile Series 6 revealed that for three days running Des O'Connor accidentally ate cat food for dinner, Richard Madeley woke up one Christmas morning stark naked in his shoe cupboard, clutching nothing but two cans of fake snow; and Pointless 'brain box' Richard Osman once buried a badger with The Banker from Deal or No Deal. However, it was also revealed that Dale Winton did not used to go to sleep cuddling a potato, Lee Mack cannot tell if someone drinks tea or coffee just by listening to their stomach, and David Mitchell was not nicknamed 'TwoFlakes' by his local ice-cream man.
- Also known as
- Would I Lie To You At Christmas?
- WILTY? (Acronym)
- Pants On Fire (Working title)
- Unbelievable (Working title)
- Camera set-up
- First broadcast
- Saturday 16th June 2007 at 9:55pm on BBC One
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 16th April 2021 at 9:30pm on BBC One
- Next repeats
- Series 9, Episode 3: Today at 8:40pm on Dave
- Series 13, Episode 5: Today at 10pm on Dave
- Series 13, Episode 6: Today at 10:40pm on Dave
- Series 9, Episode 3: Tomorrow at 1:40am on Dave
- Series 9, Episode 4: Tomorrow at 8:40pm on Dave
- Series 9, Episode 4: Wednesday at 1:40am on Dave
- Series 9, Episode 5: Wednesday at 10:20pm on Dave
- Series 9, Episode 5: Thursday at 3:15am on Dave
- Series 9, Episode 6: Thursday at 8:40pm on Dave
- Most recent repeats
- Fountain Studios - Series 1 recorded at Fountain Studios in March and April 2007.
- BBC Television Centre - Series 2 recorded between 15th November and 18th December 2007.
- Pinewood Studios - Series 3 onward recorded at Pinewood Studios. Series 3 recorded between 15th March and 12th April 2009.