- 16th January: Comedy.co.uk Awards 2016 shortlists announced
- Panel Show
- 2007 - 2016
- BBC One
- 82 (10 series), plus 10 highlights, out-takes and short specials
- Rob Brydon, Lee Mack, David Mitchell and Angus Deayton
- Angus Deayton, Frankie Boyle, Rob Colley, Dominic English, Dan Gaster, Ged Parsons, Steve Punt, Charlie Skelton and others
- Barbara Wiltshire and David Coyle
- Andrew Westwell, Derek McLean, Fiona McDermott, Kate Staples, Rachel Ablett, Stephanie McIntosh, Karen Murdoch, Aoife Dunne, Gemma Martin, Richard Cohen, Christopher Barbour and Mia Cross
The aim of the game is to fool the opposition into mistaking fact for fiction and fiction for fact. To do so, panellists need quick-wit and a poker face. Only those who can think on their feet will survive interrogation from the other team.
For example, Bill Oddie revealed he was saved from drowning by a character from Rainbow, Lorraine Kelly admitted she presented a live show whilst drunk, and it turned out Sir Terry Wogan used to set fire to colleague's scripts live on air. However, David Mitchell did not really kill a rat with his BAFTA and Nick Hewer was spinning a yarn when he described how he used to play ping-pong on the boardroom table with Lord Sugar.
Meanwhile Series 6 revealed that for three days running Des O'Connor accidentally ate cat food for dinner, Richard Madeley woke up one Christmas morning stark naked in his shoe cupboard, clutching nothing but two cans of fake snow; and Pointless 'brain box' Richard Osman once buried a badger with The Banker from Deal or No Deal. However, it was also revealed that Dale Winton did not used to go to sleep cuddling a potato, Lee Mack cannot tell if someone drinks tea or coffee just by listening to their stomach, and David Mitchell was not nicknamed 'TwoFlakes' by his local ice-cream man.
Use the menu bar above to access more pages, including...