Would I Lie To You? - Series 3 Page 12

Angus Deayton didn't constantly butt in with terrible (and largely unfunny) impressions. And I can't imagine him doing so and it then being cut out.

Quote: Aaron @ September 16 2009, 2:30 PM BST

Angus Deayton didn't constantly butt in

I'm not sure Deayton could butt in, unless the autocue told him to.

I really don't get the hate for Rob Brydon.

I think he adds far more to the show than Angus did, and I'm an Angus fan as well.

Quote: Richard Wells @ September 16 2009, 2:41 PM BST

I really don't get the hate for Rob Brydon.

I think he adds far more to the show than Angus did, and I'm an Angus fan as well.

I think some just don't like the idea of the host joining in so much, for whatever reason.

Maybe that's why we struggle to find Brydon amusing on this show, he's caught between two stools (and I don't mean David and Lee - boom! boom!).

You can almost sense that he wants to be in the comedy mosh pit with his comic chums rather then having to be 'Mummy'. He seems quite ill at ease and uncomfortable in his role of quiz master which is weird because he played one in 'Annually Retentive'.

Though, that's not really a valid point as I wouldn't expect DiCaprio to fly a plane, DeNiro to drive a taxi or Arnold Schwarzenegger to battle an alien hunter in a South American jungle.

Despite what he said in Extras, De Niro did indeed drive a New York cab for a while, in preparation for his role as Travis Bickle. Fitted it in around shooting Once Upon A Time In America, apparently... Geek

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 16 2009, 2:35 PM BST

I'm not sure Deayton could butt in, unless the autocue told him to.

And that's how it should be.

Quote: Aaron @ September 16 2009, 3:31 PM BST

Yep. And Brydon really leans on the punchlines in a way that lessens the impact of the better gags, whilst at the same time making the weaker gags appear as if he is deliberately taking the piss out of them.

Quote: Aaron @ September 16 2009, 3:31 PM BST

Meh, doesn't bother me, I'm happy with either way.

Just watched latest episode on iPlayer.

Just love it. Brydon's ok. No real opinion. Mack and Mitchell are very good indeed. Two completely different styles of comedy. Mack with the quickfire punchy stuff and Mitchell with the intellectually satirical rants. Very good indeed

Not sure why Gorman played such a bit part. I'm a fan, but he was the only one who didn't get a go? Strange.

Well he won't go on that again!
Stoopid editor.

Quote: Minty @ September 17 2009, 1:16 PM BST

Not sure why Gorman played such a bit part.

He's not funny?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2009, 2:58 PM BST

He's not funny?

I've seen Googlewhack and I'm Dave Gorman and I beg to differ Mr Park!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 17 2009, 3:15 PM BST

I've seen Googlewhack and I'm Dave Gorman

That would explain it.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2009, 3:24 PM BST

That would explain it.

Yeah-explain that he's funny! Ha, checkmate!