Would I Lie To You? - Series 3 Page 16

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 24 2009, 3:10 PM BST

(but with the vomiting, strippers, random violence or consensual sodomy).

Now that's more like it. Very much like the public schools version of spin the bottle.

As a rider I think this is the best panel comedy show on at that moment and although I'm an Angus fan I think Rob Brydon is pretty good also.

Another good one tonight, Charlie Brooker was on top form. Loved the way he lost it over David Mitchell's Twitter membership. Whereas the other celebs were having a joke and a laugh at the silly comedy quiz, Brooker seemed uber competitive and wanted to win at all costs.

Then again, the show is made by Zeppotron, which I think is Brooker's production company, so if his team didn't win, everyone would get the sack, probably.

Good stuff tonight and a good mix of guests. Remember reading the story of the "deaf in one ear" lie in one of Charlie's books. Was interesting to see a Brooker/Mitchell clash on a panel show. :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 28 2009, 11:16 PM BST

the show is made by Zeppotron, which I think is Brooker's production company

I did not know that.

Good episode. But still, Brydon. (Although there weren't any terrible impressions this week.)

I thought Brydon was funny.

God bless Mr.Brooker

Is Brooker always that angry? It was massive to see David as laid back in comparison.

I just think he's rather competitive, despite it being a silly panel game. :)

I was half hoping the mystery guest person would be his friend Aisleyne.

Quote: ShoePie @ September 24 2009, 4:00 PM BST

I thought the researchers came up with far too obvious lies this week. How on earth (no pun intended!) was Chris Hoy supposed to convince them NASA wanted to spend Billions for him to cycle on the Moon?!

Stranger stories on the show have ended up being true, so you never know, that's why it's tricky.

Yeah, but they've not tried to bend the laws of physics in their lies previously, AFAIK.

Quote: ellipsis @ September 29 2009, 4:51 PM BST

Is Brooker always that angry? It was massive to see David as laid back in comparison.

David seemed slightly hurt about Brooker casting aspersions on his Twitter page. It's astounding how many followers David has added since the programme aired. It's like 102,000 something now. It was one of my small goals to get a tweet from him, but it doesn't seem too likely now:(

I'd like to watch half an hour of Brooker and Mitchell simply tearing into each other.

I think there's a lot of common ground shared between David and Charlie in some ways. Somewhere in a parallel universe I confidently imagine them setting up home together after their civil partnership ceremony: having finally fallen in love after a conversation about the hypocrisy of Katie Price and comparing modern "bravery" with the true heroics of World War I.

Aww.
Sitcom please.