Would I Lie To You? - Series 3 Page 9

I agree that the guests have been very funny. The guests who are non-comedians such as Jamelia are all very funny, whereas on the Buzzcocks the non-comics were normally mute throughout.

Just caught up with the latest episode on iPlayer and Rob is much improved this week. Less autocue regurgitation and more free flowing off the cuff banter. Good job Rob.

I'm a bit confused, who is Jack Whitehall and why is he on my television? He seems a fairly amiable posh chap, but so was my last estate agent. Maybe I'm thick, I don't get the reason for his existence - in a comedy television type way.

Lee Mack's 'I can name any day of the week in history' was truly outstanding and David Mitchell's glove puppet was also magnificent.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 8 2009, 10:57 PM BST

Lee Mack's 'I can name any day of the week in history' was truly outstanding and David Mitchell's glove puppet was also magnificent.

Those were both fantastic. :D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 8 2009, 10:57 PM BST

I'm a bit confused, who is Jack Whitehall and why is he on my television? He seems a fairly amiable posh chap, but so was my last estate agent. Maybe I'm thick, I don't get the reason for his existence - in a comedy television type way.

He featured on Tonightly (shit) and co-presents TNT Show (also shit). Not a great CV so far. :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 8 2009, 11:05 PM BST

He featured on Tonightly (shit) and co-presents TNT Show (also shit). Not a great CV so far. :D

I see. So they must bring him out to make the other comics look good. A sort of latter day Ernie Wise. (I'm gonna get in trouble for that).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 8 2009, 11:20 PM BST

I see. So they must bring him out to make the other comics look good. A sort of latter day Ernie Wise. (I'm gonna get in trouble for that).

I would say something about your Ernie Wise comment, but luckily for you it would be considered "off-topic" and wiped, so I won't waste my time.

:O Yes you are! Angry

Anyway. Rob's interruptions seem to annoy me more with every episode. I don't know if I'm just more aware of them or if they actually are increasing in number/length, but I do wish he'd be flipping quiet.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 8 2009, 11:31 PM BST

I would say something about your Ernie Wise comment, but luckily for you it would be considered "off-topic" and wiped, so I won't waste my time.

Allow me.

Tosser !

I don't mind Rob at all, really.
I would never have imagined he'd annoy anyone if I hadn't read this thread! :)

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 8 2009, 11:33 PM BST

Allow me.

Tosser !

Crikey Oldrocker, I know you don't like Ernie Wise, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a tosser. :P

Matters not, this post is off topic, so I will wave it bye-bye. Wave

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 8 2009, 11:36 PM BST

Crikey Oldrocker, I know you don't like Ernie Wise, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a tosser. :P

Matters not, this post is off topic, so I will wave it bye-bye. Wave

Methinks you deliberately skew the reply to suit !

:)

(awaits dreaded off topic wipeout ! Don't hurt me again, please ! )

The opening jokes on this latest episode seemed to be the peak of Brydon's awkwardness. I like insulting jokes, but these were really quite desperate sounding to me. He's not exactly be best at telling that sort (or impressions, always end up covering my face during 'em).

I don't think he's that bad a host but he is a geuis comedy actor and writer and he really should stick to that. I think by over exposing himself he is belittling himself and also making himself and making it harder for people to recognise his characters as people, as opposed to them being Rob Brydon acting.

See the producer's kid got let onto the show this week. (Actually, the young man seems rather pleasant and earnest, to be honest.) Agree that Rob Brydon was very good this week - perhaps because he seems more relaxed about hosting? Some good off-the-cuff remarks. Strong stuff as ever from David and Lee. Frankie Boyle is a lot more enjoyable to watch when he isn't making a point about being quick with the gags.

This was one of the best episodes of the series I thought. Mitchell and Mack were at their best..the sock puppet and day of the week bits were hilarious. Loved Frankie and his bear story. All in all a great one.

Who is this "producer's kid" you speak of?

Jack Whitehall.