Series 55, Episode 1
Paxman is said to have really enjoyed presenting the show, despite previously telling the show's producer "I'd rather have my testicles crushed between two bricks" when they asked him on a few years ago.
The satirical quiz show has much to debate in this new series, from spy poisonings to Brexit and Cambridge Analytica data breaches. In addition, in this first episode they also covered Teesside's finest culinary delicacy, The Parmo. Steph McGovern commented: "Ah lads you've never had a chicken parmo? [...] You haven't had a good night out until you've woken up with a bit of parmo on your face!"
Ian and Steph won, 8 points to 6.
- Friday 6th April 2018
- BBC One
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
Supporters and subscribers get more
Additional content and tools are available across the site for Supporters and BCG Pro subscribers. On this page you can:
- See 3 press clippings related to this episode
- Broadcast details of 4 past repeats of this episode
- Details of when and where this episode was recorded
- This episode's inital overnight ratings
- BCG Pro Gold users can see additional crew credits
Donate (for fans) BCG Pro
Already a donor or Pro user? Sign in