Series 12, Episode 8 - A Couple Of Ethels
Prize task: The best thing you use for something other than its actual purpose.
- Desiree Burch: A cat toilet she uses as a storage unit. - 5
- Alan Davies: A child's toothbrush with a sticky end to it, which he uses to pull out hard-to-remove halogen light bulbs. - 4
- Guz Khan: A clothes-hanger iPhone holder, which he doesn't use that often. - 3
- Morgana Robinson: Arse cream, which she uses to reduce puffy eyes. - 2
- Victoria Coren Mitchell: A bread bin, which she puts bread on and around, rather than inside. - 1
Task 1: Make and wear a popcorn necklace with at least five pieces of popcorn, and then do the opposite of the following: You must under no circumstances not avoid not making the bell not ring. The task is over when have either run the bell or not run the bell and say: "I did the right thing", three times. Fastest to not do the wrong thing wins. If you don't do the right thing, you lose five points. Your time started when you started reading the task.
- Guz: 5:37 and rang the bell. (The instruction orders you to not ring the bell, but you have to do the opposite, and thus ring the bell.) - 5
- Alan: 11 minutes and rang the bell. - 4
- Morgana: 16 minutes and rang the bell. - 3
- Desiree: 5:35, but did not ring the bell. - -5
- Victoria: 7:38, but did not ring the bell. - -5
Task 2 (Team Task), Part 2: Provide the most iconic and memorable commentary for this brilliant one minute of socially distanced sport. One of you must commentate on the action, the other(s) must provide analysis. Best commentary on the most brilliant socially distanced sport wins. You have 15 minutes. Your time starts now. Part 1: Play the most brilliant minute of socially distanced sport. You have ten minutes. Your time starts now.
- Alan and Victoria had the best sport; but Desiree, Guz and Morgana had the best commentary. - 5 points for everyone.
Task 3: Make your face look like another face when your face is turned upside-down. Most expressive and radically different upside down face wins. You have 15 minutes. Your time starts now.
- Alan and Victoria - 5
- Guz and Morgana - 4
- Desiree - 2
Live task: Pop up before the object, but only just. You are only allowed to pop up once. Closest to the pop before the pop wins the round. If you pop up after the object, you get no points in that round. Best after three rounds wins (Round 1: Toaster. Round 2: Jack-in-the-box. Round 3: Balloon.)
- Morgana - 5
- Guz - 4
- Alan and Victoria - 3
- Desiree - 2
- Alan and Guz - 21
- Morgana - 19
- Desiree and Victoria - 9
Tie-break task: Blow a feather across a table as fast as possible using only your nose. Fastest wins.
- Alan: 9.5 seconds - Winner
- Guz: 28.7 seconds
- Thursday 11th November 2021
- Channel 4
- 60 minutes
Show past repeats
Cast & crew
|Greg Davies||Host / Presenter|
|Alex Horne||Host / Presenter|
|Victoria Coren Mitchell||Self|