Two Pints - Series 8 Page 10

I watched this special thing and, have to agree with Tim -- what the f**k was all that about???

I'm no Two Pints fan. It's alright, but no more and I usually flick over if it comes on. Coming Of Age was just about watchable, and I'll admit I found it funny in places but didn't mind if I missed an episode. Out of the three, Grownups is more suited to my sense of humour and I do quite enjoy it. Possibly as it's the least coarse of the three and seems to be (slightly!) more grounded in reality.

But this mutant lovechild of the three? It seemed to just be coarse for the sake of it, which is not my thing at all. It's a shame, cos the potential for a Michelle meeting Janet storyline is absolutely awesome! (I only hope Red Dwarf do it better with their Lister meets 'the bloke who used to be Lister' off Coronation Street, which I suspect they will.)

And they ruined it by making it all about jizz, wanking, bitching and slagging each other off. I'm sure I found it much worse than any single episode of any of the three!

I suppose this one is for charity, and hopefully everyone gave their fees to Comic Relief as they should have done.

On a different note, good luck Tim. Hope everything works out for the better.

Dan

The point is that I laughed a lot.
The juxtaposition somehow worked and it was a well-written script in terms of the difficult job it had to do.

A suprisingly deep, meaningful episode. Entirely different tone this week to every other they've made. A nice break from the norm, whilst still feeling ... in-place, I suppose: realistic and 'true' within the Two Pints world. Some pretty difficult issues dealt with very well, really highlighting the high-quality writing behind the sex jokes. The strong characterisations really stood out, being able to carry the whole 30 minutes without leaving an unsatisfied feeling from the isolation. I cannot think of a single other sitcom which would, never mind could, actually do that. Excellent start to the series.

I watched this last night.
I've enjoyed episodes of Two Pints of Lager before but I found this a real struggle.
Perhaps you need to be a fan to appreciate it.
I know that it normally has vulgar and obvious jokes but this was definitely the worst episode that I've ever seen.
Maybe it will improve next week when they have a few more characters involved, the London stereotype one might be quite amusing.

Great start to series 8 for me. I can't believe they pulled it off with just the two characters and one scene for the whole epiosode. Another example of what makes Two Pints stand out from other sitcoms. What other show would have tried that?

Quote: earman2009 @ March 16 2009, 9:15 PM GMT

I can't believe they pulled it off with just the two characters and one scene for the whole epiosode. Another example of what makes Two Pints stand out from other sitcoms. What other show would have tried that?

Could also be looked at as a money saving option.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 16 2009, 9:55 PM GMT

Could also be looked at as a money saving option.

Could... But only by someone who didn't watch the episode.

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2009, 10:00 PM GMT

Could... But only by someone who didn't watch the episode.

I'll hapilly admit to that. Even so though, you obviously can't know that I'm not right. Things like that are taken into account from time to time. I was just saying it's a possibility.

No, no, of course. I just feel that the content of the episode had to be explored, and that it could only really be done so with the sincerity and seriousness those kinds of issues warranted, in the way it was; with only 2 characters in the whole 30 minutes.

Anyway. :)

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2009, 10:12 PM GMT

No, no, of course. I just feel that the content of the episode had to be explored, and that it could only really be done so with the sincerity and seriousness those kinds of issues warranted, in the way it was; with only 2 characters in the whole 30 minutes.

Anyway. :)

3 characters!
Wave

You forgot Corinthian (the baby) Laughing out loud

Haha! Ok, yes, fair point. (Just.)

I've found this great charity auction website, BuyOnceGiveTwice where you can bid for a trip for two people to see the hit TV show being filmed in 2009. After watching the show being filmed you will go backstage to meet the cast and have drinks with them in the green room. You will then go to dinner with Natalie Casey at a near by restaurant. This prize can only be taken on Friday 3 April and bidding ends tomorrow, check it out!

http://www.buyoncegivetwice.co.uk/lots/2-pints-lager-packet-crisps

Quote: Hanban11 @ March 23 2009, 9:38 AM GMT

This prize can only be taken on Friday 3 April and bidding ends tomorrow, check it out!

I'll pass on this one. ;)

Quote: Hanban11 @ March 23 2009, 9:38 AM GMT

I've found this great charity auction website

Please drop this "I've found..." pretence. It's skin-crawling and more see-through than the windows at Harrods. There's no problem with publicising the site, just be honest that you work there.

I love this show. It's the best on TV. Hopefully thehy will be a another show and it does look likely already even though this Series hasn't finished yet because they is a voting in the show (I am sure it is on the last episode) and also one of the cast members Will Mellor said that they asked for another series but they want to see how this one goes, so if the cast want to do another series then I am sure it will happen but we maybe won't know untill a month or two after this series has finished.