Two Pints - Series 8 Page 11

Quote: Spagett @ January 3 2009, 8:29 PM BST

Even if you ignore the fact that it is unfunny vulgar rubbish, I think another reason it gets a lot of criticism is that it is on 24/7.

I know that is not the makers fault but it is her fault that the scripts are awful.

Her fault!!!!!
Susan is a genius.
Let's face it Two Pints is 5 main characters, taking one of them away is like taking away the fuel pump from an engine and still expecting it to work.
The fact that Ralf left but Susan still keeps managing to write funny scripts to keep the audience coming in for more is amazing.

In my opinion she is one of the most talented writers in Britain, as well as being really fit too. I would swap with her any day, although I probably wouldn't get much writing done. Would be too busy standing naked in front of a mirror touching myself.

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2008, 8:25 PM BST

I'm sure Johnny isn't coming back. But that 'it was all a dream' thing is exactly the sort of thing they would do, I reckon.

Not necessarily in this case, but generally.

It is possible to bring Jonny back and make it realistic without the Dallas dream thing, I have written a script that does just that, so if I can then I'm sure Susan is more than capable. Chances of Ralf coming back though are zero.

I remember watching an interview where Susan said she thought Ralf made the right decision to leave as it was getting more and more difficult to think up things for Jonny to do.
As much as I love and admire you Susan "bollocks!".
The character Jonny has unlimited possibilities so I'm not buying that line.
Think there's more to Ralf leaving than they let on to us. If I were to bring Jonny back though I would make him grow up a bit and steer away from the gay stuff but without loosing the 'Jonnyism'.

But why would Ralf go back to 2 Pints? It's not as if he needs the job.
Jonny's dead, get over it!

Quote: hey_nonny @ April 5 2009, 9:37 AM BST

In my opinion she is one of the most talented writers in Britain, as well as being really fit too. I would swap with her any day, although I probably wouldn't get much writing done. Would be too busy standing naked in front of a mirror touching myself.

:O You know she reads this site at times, right...?

Ooop's!
Your shitting me?

Anyway even if I were Camilla I would still probably stand naked in front of a mirror all day touching myself.

>_< Well, perhaps not

Quote: hey_nonny @ April 5 2009, 2:22 PM BST

Ooop's!
Your shitting me?

Anyway even if I were Camilla I would still probably stand naked in front of a mirror all day touching myself.

>_< Well, perhaps not

You're.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ April 5 2009, 2:34 PM BST

You're.

:)

Thank you're very much for spotting that one Marc.
Think I had better just stick to the writers forum now and keep trying to amuse sootyj with silly superman sketches. "BAD NONNY!"

I agree with you about the episodes that Susan writes but I have noticed more and more of them being written by other people. Jon Brown wrote a very funny episode last week but tonight's episode had a laugh ratio of precisely zero.

Saddens me to say this but you're right, this episode was quite disappointing.
Wouldn't say zero laughs though, thought the character Louise had some pretty good lines.

I quite enjoyed it! Not the best episode they've had, no, but amused and entertained me for half an hour, which is all I ask for. :)

Sorry but for me this show is getting worse and worse what the hell is Wesley all about??

Quote: Mike88 @ April 6 2009, 11:38 AM BST

what the hell is Wesley all about??

That's a relief, I thought I was being particularly dense not being able to get an angle on this Wesley character. Or perhaps I am? Kind of spoiling it all for me.

Quote: Mike88 @ April 6 2009, 11:38 AM BST

what the hell is Wesley all about??

What do you mean exactly? Are you unsure as to why he is there and who he is?

"The ending of the eighth series of Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps is to be decide by the sitcom's fans.
BBC Three viewers will vote online to decide the outcome of a love triangle between Gaz, Janet and Donna.

Two endings will be filmed and the storyline with the highest amount of votes will be aired as the finale to series eight on May 10. The alternative ending will be available to view online.

The gimmick follows a live episode of Two Pints that aired in January last year, attracting an audience of 895,000 people.

BBC Three Controller, Danny Cohen, said: 'We want to make sure we keep innovating when it comes to schedule favourites as well as new programmes on BBC Three. The last series of Two Pints included a live episode. For this series we're going to use interactivity to put viewers in charge of the plot.'

Voting will open after the penultimate episode is aired."

Quote: Aaron @ April 6 2009, 4:10 PM BST

Are you unsure as to why he is there and who he is?

Unsure of the character temperaments.
When he first appeared on the series I had the impression that he had strong temperaments, then he suddenly did a u turn to weak character temperaments, now he has just become totally ridiculous with no apparent personality of his own. Just can't figure out who this person is.
Sure I am just being especially dim and things will click later then I will be hugely embarrassed for posting such drivel.

Ah I see. Yes, I suppose I can see what you're getting at. Hm. Well, I have faith that the writers will work it out.