Two Pints - Series 8 Page 9

The Coming Of Age stuff..... Has there been an explanation?

Quote: zooo @ March 10 2009, 2:39 PM GMT

Whenever I tune in, it is ALWAYS either the wedding dress trying on episode (which is still funny on repeat viewings), or the Halloween special (which isn't).

Blimey, I really don't like any of the specials. Find them tiresome. The wedding dress episode is alright, although wearing a bit thin now (no pun intended).

Quote: Marc P @ March 10 2009, 3:35 PM GMT

The Coming Of Age stuff..... Has there been an explanation?

Eh?

Quote: Aaron @ March 10 2009, 4:06 PM GMT

Eh?

Why it was in the special?

Well, because (apparently) the writers of both shows are engaged to be married, and because they're three similar sitcoms on the same channel.

Quote: Aaron @ March 10 2009, 4:06 PM GMT

Blimey, I really don't like any of the specials. Find them tiresome.

I reeeally liked the live special. If that counts as an official 'special'.

I wasn't counting it as a special - it was a broadcast-method gimmick (not a tacky one) and not for any specific event other than the start of a new series.

Ahhhh, then I don't like any of the specials either. :)

I am getting really bored of Two Pints now to be honest. It went down hill after they killed Flo but for me when Johnny went and they started re-writing stuff like fact Corinthian could not be Gaz's due to him firing blanks then after Johnny dies he turns out to be the father. It's getting too messy and clumsy for me.

Quote: Aaron @ March 9 2009, 1:35 AM GMT

Tim, that's just tasteless, even by some of your previous standards. Please don't come back if that's going to be the level of your contribution to the site.

Apologies. As someone who has cared for the terminally ill I was attempting to be satirical about not only media hypocrisy, but also the gutter standards of BBC Three. Sorry to offend.
My name is Tim and I'm an alcoholic.
Am about to enter rehab. Not, unfortunately, a joke.
Will be taking my laptop and my Blackberry with me. Got a new script to finish.
Have been suspended by the GMC from practising as a doctor, on health grounds.
Never have put my patients at risk, I assure you all.
Here I am, come and stick a fork in me!

All the best,
Tim

Well, if you are entering rehab, then all the best, hope you can sort yourself out. As far as the Jade Goody comment goes, no matter how you intended it, it came across as really quite vile.

Quote: Aaron @ March 11 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

Well, if you are entering rehab, then all the best, hope you can sort yourself out. As far as the Jade Goody comment goes, no matter how you intended it, it came across as really quite vile.

To be fair to Dr Deathwish, the whole Jade Goody thing is becoming something of an obscene circus.

Quote: Aaron @ March 11 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

Again, apologies. I have been around more death than most. I would never intentionally make light of it.
I've also saved a few lives in my time.
TTFN I am truly off to get some help.
Andrew C was kind enough to call me this morning, so I can't be all bad.
Love to all.

Aw, Andrew C is lovely.

Well, unless you mean Andrew Castle of Strictly Come Dancing fame.

Just watching this special now, and no I don't know why, but Two Pints should always bring in characters from Coming of Age because in comparison to that shite it almost makes Two Pints an average comedy.

Which is a big step up for them.

Quote: Spagett @ March 12 2009, 10:48 PM GMT

Just watching this special now, and no I don't know why, but Two Pints should always bring in characters from Coming of Age because in comparison to that shite it almost makes Two Pints an average comedy.

Which is a big step up for them.

Finally watched this tonight. Has fried my almost-frazzled brain.
The combination of my 3 least favourite sitcoms combined to produce something which, whilst being one of the worst half hours I have ever seen, was also in some respects insanely funny.
Confused to say the least.
TTFN.