Two Pints - Series 8 Page 5

Well it's certainly dated, yes.

Still feels fresher and more modern than most recent sitcoms to me though. Spaced that is, not Two Pints.

I haven't watched Spaced recently.

Aaron, you may soon be in for a treat... ;)

Spaced was awesome. I wonder what the odds of doing a film or a one off special are? As for Two Pints, when is the new series? If someone mentioned it earlier, I missed it as I took a page out of Spaced's book and skipped to the end.

Simon Pegg did write a script for a finale for Spaced in protest to the American version. When that flopped he posted the script to his Myspace blog as he said there wasn't any point in going through with it.

Then again, I see the end of the Skip To The End documentary as canon so am happy with how it ended :P

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2009, 7:36 PM GMT

I haven't watched Spaced recently.

Aaron, you may soon be in for a treat... ;)

You mean you're moving in with me "soon"? :)

Anyway. Two Pints is recording at the moment I think. From that, I'd guess that broadcast will probably be in a couple of months.

Horrible show. Kind of like a British Friends, comedy for knuckleheads in my view.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ February 19 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

like a British Friends.

Say what? You high 'bro?

Two Pints can only dream of being as good as Friends.

I'm not a particular fan of Friends but can at least see the appeal. There's no comparison. Pints is aimed at a specifically junevile audience.

Obviously Friends is better than Two Pints, there are few shows which aren't better (and aimed at a slightly higher than basic juvenile audience), but it's still shite.

Friends is an awful show, though. Rarely found it funny at all. Comedy for birds who get knocked around by their boyfriends.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ February 19 2009, 3:23 PM GMT

Comedy for birds who get knocked around by their boyfriends.

Yeah . . .

What?

Quote: Jackson Neil @ February 19 2009, 3:23 PM GMT

Comedy for birds who get knocked around by their boyfriends.

That was the original pitch to the channel.

That's a very specific demographic!

They'd be more comfortable watching Shameless, surely?