- Comedy Drama
- 2004 - 2013
- Channel 4, E4
- 139 (11 series)
- David Threlfall, Gerard Kearns, Elliott Tittensor, Luke Tittensor, Joseph Furnace, Johnny Bennett, Annabelle Apsion, Rebecca Ryan and others
- Paul Abbott, Daniel Brocklehurst, Amanda Coe, Emma Frost, Ed McCardie, Stephen Russell, Jimmy Dowdall, Tom Higgins and others
- Dearbhla Walsh, David Threlfall, Paul Norton Walker and Lawrence Till
- Jean Holdsworth, Emma Burge, Matt Jones, John Griffin, Johann Knobel, Lawrence Till and Ed McCardie
Comedy drama following the roller coaster lives of the Gallagher family as they experience life on the edge. Head of the family, in name only, is dad Frank - feckless, self-pitying, feeble, selfish, charmless and an unemployed, alcoholic bully - a model father...
The Gallagher kids are raised by big sister Fiona since mum went AWOL and dad hit the bottle. The boys are Lip, a street-wise, gobby lad around town and Ian is actively gay and keeps his private life very private. Siblings Debbie and Carl plus baby Liam Gallagher round off the highly un-orthodox yet extremely tightly knit family.
From Series 3 Shameless expanded out to focus on a second family too. If there's one family you don't want to cross on the Chatsworth Estate, it's the Maguires. Paddy is the father of this most feared and respected family, and he has little time for Frank.
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 13th January 2004 on Channel 4 at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 28th May 2013 on Channel 4 at 10pm
- Last repeat
- Sunday 6th October 2013 at 2:50am on E4