Miranda - Series 2 Page 5

It doesn't need to evolve. It's got a winning formula with miles in it! :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 16 2010, 8:53 PM GMT

It doesn't need to involve. It's got a winning formula with miles in it! :)

Or even evolve!

Evolve, not involve, though that's possibly true as well. It does have a winning formula, but I can't agree at all it's got miles in it, a few hundred more yards maybe before it all looks repetitive and as if we keep going round in circles. imo of course.

Evolve. That's the one.

Ah, we're in agreement at last. Good good.

Are we? I don't think so.

:)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 16 2010, 8:50 PM GMT

Yeah, watchable and lots of fun in a lighthearted way but it is very very samey, we knew all about her after one episode of series one basically. Not a major criticism because it's not a major sitcom, hard to dislike the show but it's really sitcom making by numbers this, a sort of kitform sitcom they bought from the joke shop. Different and enjoyable but not classic or even particularly good sitcom.

Of course there's room for it, but don't go giving it awards anyone and please don't book too many more series, it cannot possibly evolve enough. Miranda has a short shelf life. IMO of course. Evening.

Yeah she had one series and has come back with more of the hilarious same!!! Bloody BBC elite again. Don't give it any more series indeed! God forbid we enjoy ourselves watching television . But at least it is not a major sitcom. Phew.

:D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 16 2010, 8:50 PM GMT

but it's really sitcom making by numbers this. please don't book too many more series, it cannot possibly evolve enough.

It was meant to be a sitcom by numbers, she wanted to make an old fashioned style sitcom.

Loads of sitcoms go on for years without any major evolution to speak of:

Dad's Army
Hi-De-Hi!
Are You Being Served?
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Last Of The Summer Wine

All churn (or have/did churn) out the same old same old for series after series, year after year.

All are classics.

Just re-watched it, sober this time, loved it. I just wish it was an 8 or 10 episode series. 6 never seems like enough.

Oh, no, the schedule has changed! This week's Miranda is on in 7 minutes on BBC Two. That's 7:30pm.

I caught that quite by accident and decided to give it a 3rd watch, surprisingly not even slightly bored by it.

Episode 2 should be a good 'un

I've watched every one so far, which is rare for me for any show, so I must like it. It's funny, it has a likable (if irritating) main character and it's light and cheery although very unoriginal. But I don't rate it, I wouldn't let on to non anoraks that I watch it really and I don't want to see too many more cheap assembly line sitcoms like this made just because this one's popular. I bet we do though.

Are we ever going to see another seamlessly made, inspired sitcom from the Beeb again? I don't mean a half hour comedy drama (which they have got very good at), I mean a true sitcom.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 18 2010, 10:12 AM GMT

Are we ever going to see another seamlessly made, inspired sitcom from the Beeb again? I don't mean a half hour comedy drama (which they have got very good at), I mean a true sitcom.

There's one on at the moment. It's called Miranda. :)