Miranda - Series 2 Page 8

Quote: Aldeem @ November 23 2010, 6:05 PM GMT

but last week when Miranda farted, it was my wife who almost wet herself

Me too. :$

Last night's - repeated tonight - was my favourite Miranda so far. Some of it is what I call grating but overall it entertains more than most shows.

Quote: Badge @ November 23 2010, 6:36 PM GMT

Some of it is what I call grating

:D

Another good one.

Just seems to take you back to times when comedy didn't have to be clever or realistic.

Quote: bigfella @ November 23 2010, 8:01 PM GMT

Another good one.

Just seems to take you back to times when comedy didn't have to be clever or realistic.

"Comstalgia". Some journo is going to write about it sooner or later so I might as well get a time stamped record that I said it here. Even though it doesn't make sense.

Quote: Badge @ November 23 2010, 8:10 PM GMT

"Comstalgia".

Though "algia" is the suffix used in referral to different types of pain (neuralgia, myalgia etc.), so... No, actually, comstalgia is probably spot-on.

Quite liked episode 2. The grave bit reminded me of a crossover between The Vicar of Dibley (the puddle) and Absolutely Fabulous (Patsy and Eddie falling in graves).

Would like less of the Heather Small bit now, though it's getting so repetitive I find it funny.

Quote: David Carmon @ November 24 2010, 10:36 PM GMT

Would like less of the Heather Small bit now, though it's getting so repetitive I find it funny.

I don't find it funny at all, if anything, it annoys me.

What Nil said!
(I seem to say that a lot)

Because I am always right.

I've never liked the Heather Small stuff. At least we're only subjected to it once an episode now though, not half a dozen times in each.

Quite.

Quote: don rushmore @ November 23 2010, 5:33 PM GMT

I thought Miranda punching a vicar - for no good reason - changed the character from being a bit wacky and oafish, to being utterly, utterly deranged.

There's obviously a suspension of disbelief thing going on when you watch a sitcom like this, but that was a step (out of character) too far for me.

Have to agree with that. It was the one point I cringed at - it didn't ring true to her character at all. I imagine the finale of twatting a vicar looked good on paper but Miranda's character is so strong that any deviations like that stick out a mile. I know they tried to ramp up the stakes by making Miranda wanting to do anything to get out of being a birthing partner, but maybe they should have peaked with the reading Mein Kampf to kids gag instead of going with the Bottom-esque vicar-violence.

Still loving the series though. Very funny, nostalgic stuff that makes half an hour zip by.

I didn't think it seemed out of character when I was watching.
She'd been pushed into violence by the frustrations of the two horrific baby people.

Quote: zooo @ November 25 2010, 7:51 AM GMT

I didn't think it seemed out of character when I was watching.

Also.