Miranda - Series 2 Page 22

Quote: sootyj @ January 1 2011, 9:03 PM GMT

Is it me or is everyone in Miranda white?

I don't know, are you white?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 3 2011, 10:55 AM GMT

I don't know, are you white?

Relevance?

Personally I prefer to think of my colour as being between masculine caramel and heroic tan.

Quote: sootyj @ January 3 2011, 10:59 AM GMT

Relevance?

Personally I prefer to think of my colour as being between masculine caramel and heroic tan.

You asked "Is it me or is everyone in Miranda white?"

It was an attempt at humour...

Quote: zooo @ January 1 2011, 9:18 PM GMT

Nice post, JoLaw! :)

Ditto.

Ratings for each episode from series 2.

Episode 1 - 3.19 million

Episode 2 - 3.37 million

Episode 3 - 4.01 million (3.65 million in overnights)

Episode 4 - 2.85 (2.49 in overnights)

Episode 5 - 3.19 million (2.91 million in overnights)

Episode 6 - 4.70 (4.4 million in overnights) (Repeat 1.86 million)

Ratings for each episode of both series compared - Series 1/ Series 2

Episode 1 - 2.63/3.19

Episode 2 - 2.76/3.37

Episode 3 - 2.61/4.01

Episode 4 - 3.14/2.85

Episode 5 - 2.43/3.19

Episode 6 - 2.73/4.70

New series commissioned: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000438/miranda_series_3_ordered/

Dan

Yay!

Saw this for the first time all the way through last night (S2, Ep2). I thought it was really funny and feel-good. It gets away with a lot of the silliness because it knows it's a sitcom, so singing 'Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word' at a funeral when she doesn't know who's dead is embarrassing in a good way. Although The Office was embarrassing, that was in a depressing, downbeat way, I thought, not in a light-hearted, knowing way. The Worst Week of My Week (and further back, Chance In a Million) were similarly self-parodying. My Family can be like that, but only because it has to; it didn't set out that way.

Perhaps this is why it's such a success: it's so obviously a sitcom and doesn't try to be anything else.

S2 Episode 1 is a candidate for one of the greatest ever episodes of a sitcom I've seen in 38 years on this planet.

It's a work of art. Pure genius.

She should be knighted!

Quote: lofthouse @ August 13 2011, 7:38 PM BST

S2 Episode 1 is a candidate for one of the greatest ever episodes of a sitcom I've seen in 38 years on this planet.

It's a work of art. Pure genius.

She should be knighted!

Or Ladied!

Actually it is one of those I want to like but couldn't care less if I watch it or not.