Miranda - Series 2 Page 10

She was on the radio talking about this last night. Apparently they've only just finished filming episode five, so they cut it pretty close when it comes to getting it ready for transmission.

Episode three was a great example of classic sitcom structure, any writer can learn a lot here (including myself). Every thread had a real beginning, middle, and end. From the main story of Miranda and Gary down to the karaoke night, there was no line that was left dangling.

Miranda is an absolutely charming performer, even if I don't laugh at every beat, I'm smiling the whole way through.

Sometimes I wonder if they aren't pushing just a little bit too hard to make us laugh.

I love the show and it's not my intention to pop anyone's bubble - I'm just wondering if anyone else wishes for a touch more restraint at times.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the series!

Quote: JPM1 @ November 30 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

I love the show and it's not my intention to pop anyone's bubble - I'm just wondering if anyone else wishes for a touch more restraint at times.

Nope. :)

There was no Heather Small this week!

Just realised.

Oo, so there wasn't!

Quote: JPM1 @ November 30 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

Episode three was a great example of classic sitcom structure, any writer can learn a lot here (including myself).

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ November 30 2010, 8:58 PM GMT

Nope. :)

I find myself in agreement with Aaron. This is a dear diary day!

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 30 2010, 1:02 AM GMT

It's also great that it has the wanky comedy snobs up in arms at the "broadness" of the humour and the fact that it's not edgy or particularly realistic.

Who are these "wanky comedy snobs" of whom you speak, oh Wise One?

It's strange as I was not interested in watching this when the first series was out, did not find it funny. But I sat down a few weeks ago and watched her again now I am hooked and really enjoy it.

This latest one (ep 3) was just ace. Best episode of Miranda so far!

Dan

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 1 2010, 12:28 AM GMT

Who are these "wanky comedy snobs" of whom you speak, oh Wise One?

Have you ever been on Cok'd and Bomb'd? Or whatever it's called?

I really enjoyed the first series but I am starting to enjoy it less and less. I don't really know why though.

I agree with the notion that it's endearing and old-fashioned in a good way but it's starting to get on my tits. For me, it's starting to turn into a modern version of Absolutely Fabulous which turned into a ridiculous parody of itself.

I really want to like it again. Errr

Quote: zooo @ November 30 2010, 9:21 PM GMT

There was no Heather Small this week!

Just realised.

Thank **** for that.

I thought the third episode was great, a couple of really funny, laugh-out-loud moments and the right amount of silliness.

They seem to have listened to feedback as not only was there no Heather Small bit but also there was none of the, what I call, annoying mum bits (well actually there was one reference but that was by Miranda herself).

Overall, 3 episodes into the new series and I'm still enjoying it.

Best episode of series 2 so far, one of the best overall as well.

Am I seeing things or is the art teacher played by the Robyn?!