Miranda - Series 2 Page 9

Quote: David Carmon @ November 24 2010, 10:36 PM GMT

Would like less of the Heather Small bit now,

That bit makes me cringe every time; not sure if it's the bit itself (Which is poo anyway, unless it had been a one off) or the way the actress delivers the line. Also, they could give that character a bit more to do.

Thought the second episode was very funny.

I've found the show somewhat uneven as well, though it makes my wife giggle like a child.

Punching the vicar was fine for me because she takes to the audience so frequently we're all aware that she's aware that she's in a show and it's all just a game... They wave to the audience at the end and no harm is done...

However, I worry that this has a way of lowering the stakes that reduces the show's potency. It makes it silly rather than funny.

Not that silly is such a bad thing - I bet we'd all be pleased to have written something silly enough to get re-commissioned ;)

Quote: JPM1 @ November 25 2010, 9:50 AM GMT

It makes it silly rather than funny.

Oh this show is very silly, and all the better for it.

Silly for me is a little like candy.... empty calories. Where as funny is more like a cheeseburger - filling and satisfying.

But of course there's room for both in this world!

Quote: JPM1 @ November 25 2010, 12:34 PM GMT

Silly for me is a little like candy.... empty calories. Where as funny is more like a cheeseburger - filling and satisfying.

What if you find silly funny? Then you're getting your burger followed by candy for dessert. Yum yum!

I still find it hilarious when Miranda pushes the little one over in the shop.

What a load of guff this is, when compared to the comedies the BBC used to produce.

Such as?

Loved the 3rd episode! Brilliantly put together. :D

Wonderful stuff. Without a doubt the best British sitcom being produced today.

I didn't like the latest episode so much as the last two but I agree it's possibly the most watchable and chucklesome of the current output. We can watch it as a family in a Carry On sort of way so I'm all for it. I just felt that there were some scenes unnecessarily ridiculous in tonight's episode - won't stop me watching next week.

Oh, apparently - according to her Twitter feed - there some Strictly Come Dancing stuff planned with Craig Revel Horwood...

'The lovely @CraigRevHorwood gave me brief dancing lesson. I was still terrible and refuse to watch it back. If it makes edit, will be in Ep 5.'

Yes, I'm rather looking forward to that bit!

Loved it.
There is a genuine warmth about the audience reactions that I don't think has been heard on British TV screens for decades.

Weird that this and The Trip are my two faves at the moment.
I think I must be some sort of schitzo.

I'm just so pleased this show has proved successful. It opens the door wider for more mainstream, family comedies of which there's been a dearth of in recent years.
It's also great that it has the wanky comedy snobs up in arms at the "broadness" of the humour and the fact that it's not edgy or particularly realistic. Miranda is a show that exists because Miranda Hart is an enormously-likeable performer with genuine "funny bones". That's a rare gift IMHO. She's not acting funny, she just IS funny. The character you're watching is basically the real Miranda Hart, amplified. The clumsiness. The social awkwardness. It's all true and I think the public can really sense that.
The country's gone to shit recently and the BBC have very cleverly commissioned this because it's a good old-fashioned feelgood show. Long may it continue and long may the excellent Miranda Hart be a star of British comedy. And she is a star.

Quote: Tuumble @ November 29 2010, 11:12 PM GMT

Oh, apparently - according to her Twitter feed - there some Strictly Come Dancing stuff planned with Craig Revel Horwood...

'The lovely @CraigRevHorwood gave me brief dancing lesson. I was still terrible and refuse to watch it back. If it makes edit, will be in Ep 5.'

CRH isn't in it, he just attempted to teach her a dance that she needed to do for the show.

Quote: Lazzard @ November 29 2010, 11:21 PM GMT

There is a genuine warmth about the audience reactions that I don't think has been heard on British TV screens for decades.

This entirely.