Miranda - Series 2 Page 7

First ep was okay - started very slowly but by the end I had remembered why I liked the first series. It's a show with charm, but some quirks that are bound to put some viewers off. And this episode had a bit much of the "it's-the-first-episode-of-the-second-series-so-we-might-have-a-new-audience-to-explain-things-to" syndrome. When will programme makers work out that the audience can work things out for themselves?

What worries me most is that Miranda H said it took three years of pretty forceful talks to get Miranda the TV series commissioned, and this is after it was a Radio success, and it's very clearly a success now on TV, so this does NOT bode well for aspiring sitcom writers. The BBC are just far far too cautious in commissioning, the odds are probably better on you getting elected as an MP than getting your sitcom on TV. :(

It's nice you're around to perk us all up, Alfred.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 22 2010, 9:54 AM GMT

It's nice you're around to perk us all up, Alfred.

Laughing out loud

Quote: AngieBaby @ November 21 2010, 11:23 PM GMT

Damn! Who's next... Belinda Carlyle?

Surely you mean Belinda Carlisle?

How about a bit of Kylee Minowge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/2010/11/miranda-the-making-of-a-sitcom.shtml

The first couple of months I spend storylining. I present my ideas to my storyliners who help with the bones of the stories.

The key, and hardest part with writing a studio audience sitcom, is having as many laugh out loud jokes and funny moments on the page as possible. Which is why I also have a gag writer to help me punch up the scripts and suggest specific jokes that I might be struggling with.

Is Miranda the only credited writer on this show? Sounds like a bit of a team effort.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 22 2010, 4:22 PM GMT

Is Miranda the only credited writer on this show? Sounds like a bit of a team effort.

If you see our guide, you'll notice there's a team of writers. Miranda writes the main plots, but the others then add gags.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Sounds like some proper good old-fashioned farce - there's not enough of that in modern sitcoms IMHO.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 22 2010, 4:22 PM GMT

If onl-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/miranda_hart_sitcom/episodes/1/1/

:D Was just about to do that.

I wonder who wrote the fart last week... For they are my hero.

This web site profiles TV shows? You kept that quiet.

Loved ep 2. Not quite as funny as the first but still a laugh as always. The funeral scene Laughing out loud

I thought Miranda punching a vicar - for no good reason - changed the character from being a bit wacky and oafish, to being utterly, utterly deranged.

There's obviously a suspension of disbelief thing going on when you watch a sitcom like this, but that was a step (out of character) too far for me.

That was my favourite part of both new episodes.

I watched both new episodes last night. While I enjoyed the first series, she's beginning to get on my tits now. I doubt I'll watch any more.

I find each episode a bit of a roller coaster, which I suppose is no bad thing. There are very funny bits and agonisingly over-egged bits in each show. My wife loves it, which makes me think that one thing that's for sure is that it is a show that women warm to more than men on the whole. I enjoy it, but last week when Miranda farted, it was my wife who almost wet herself, thus nearly making the most triumphant double whammy piece of toilet humour ever!