- 1972 - 1985
- BBC One
- 69 (1 pilot + 10 series)
- Mollie Sugden, Frank Thornton, John Inman, Wendy Richard, Nicholas Smith, Trevor Bannister, Arthur English, Arthur Brough and others
- Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft
- Bernard Thompson, Harold Snoad, Ray Butt, David Croft, Bob Spiers, Gordon Elsbury, John Kilby and Martin Shardlow
- David Croft, Harold Snoad, Bob Spiers and Martin Shardlow
The peace and arrangement of ages is thrown into disarray at London department store Grace Brothers when Ladies' Intimate Apparel is moved to the opposite side of the same floor already occupied by Men's Ready To Wear.
Stubborn ladies' manager Mrs. Slocombe is quickly thrown into direct conflict with Mr. Grainger and his staff: particularly cheeky junior salesman Mr. Lucas, who takes a near-instant shine to Slocombe's assistant, buxom young blonde Miss Brahms.
Between Lucas and Grainger is the outrageously camp Mr. Humphries; and above them all are Captain Peacock, the head of the floor; company executive Mr. Rumbold; and the co-founder of the store, positively ancient board chairman 'Young' Mr. Grace, complete with a never-ending stream of farcical sales and promotional initiatives.
- Part of
- Production company
- Also known as
- AYBS? (Acronym)
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Friday 8th September 1972 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 1st April 1985 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Upcoming repeats