Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow - Series 2 Page 8

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 29 2010, 11:25 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Keep it coming, Mr Lewis, keep it coming...

Yes, but what you conveniently forget to point our here is that most people are feudal morons, wallowing in their own fecklessness. :)

Unfortunately Tim, you are a budding comedy writer who will have to appeal to the 'feudal morons'?

I find it hard when people attack other people's achievements, as if out of jealousy, just accept it's not your taste, but a hell of alot of other people's...

First time poster here, so please don't criticise if you don't agree with my views!!

For what it's worth, in my view, McIntrye is a fantastic observational comedian, who appeals to a number of people. That in itself can surely not be denied, as he has revived comedy on TV.

He's at the top of his game at the moment, and as for the most recent show on his Comedy Roadshow, Jimeoin was very impressive, Yusuf less so. He has the potential but the material was boring. I've never been a fan either of Sarah Millican, but all in all, it was a decent show.

Quote: viewfromablue @ September 30 2010, 5:03 PM BST

he has revived comedy on TV.

I wouldn't say that, his show is basically Live At The Apollo, but with him as host.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 30 2010, 5:08 PM BST

I wouldn't say that, his show is basically Live At The Apollo, but with him as host.

It's certainly not a new set up, but don't think you can disagree that it's pushed standup further back into livingrooms all over the country.

Indeed it has pushed stand-up back, it's like 'The Comedians' for the iPhone generation. :)

Quote: Scottidog @ September 30 2010, 3:28 PM BST

Unfortunately Tim, you are a budding comedy writer who will have to appeal to the 'feudal morons'?

I find it hard when people attack other people's achievements, as if out of jealousy, just accept it's not your taste, but a hell of alot of other people's...

When, during my last absence, did the BCG lose its ability to recognise intentional sarcasm or irony?

How's the cat, btw, Scotti? :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 30 2010, 6:19 PM BST

When, during my last absence, did the BCG lose its ability to recognise intentional sarcasm or irony?

Admirable optimism to expect that ability from McIntyre fans.

Amidst all the usual 'man of the people comedy of recognition', this week's show also contains Miles Jupp. Now I like Miles from Rev and Newsjack but have never seen his stand-up. Is he worth catching?

I did not think much of Imran Yusuf. Some of his material was quite good, but the performance didn't really work for me. Copied from other performers or not, his mannerisms etc didn't seem consistent, other than in provoking annoyance.

Christ. Imagine having the misfortune to get seated next to this pompous homunculus at a dinner party. Even worse if he happened to start telling you about his day... :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 2 2010, 9:47 PM BST

Christ. Imagine having the misfortune to get seated next to this pompous homunculus at a dinner party. Even worse if he happened to start telling you about his day... :(

Are you talking about Aaron or McIntyre??

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 2 2010, 10:00 PM BST

Are you talking about Aaron or McIntyre??

*a long, loaded silence*

( :D )

Not the greatest show again tonight. McIntyre was very good, especially the bit about England football. But all the guests weren't great, even John Bishop.

A shoo-in for a guest spot in Series 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHituCik7AI

Mark my words, in a year's time you'll all be wearing "Yes Indeed!" and "So Frustrating!" T-shirts. Remember, you saw him here first.

Didn't think much of McIntyre's set last night. The latter bits were alright, but I didn't get any of the protracted football routine.

I liked a lot of Bishop's routine, but perhaps more that much of it was stuff I've thought in the past and nevber heard anyone say, rather than being massively funny.

Miles Jupp was ok, quite funny in places, but didn't make a massive impression overall. Justin Moorhouse similarly, was 'alright' but nothing special.

However, despite the somewhat odd, disjointed and varied nature of his set, I really enjoyed Terry Alderton. Highlight of the night for me, lots of laughs.

I can't help but think that Messrs Hazlehurst, Willson and Greenwood will be spinning in their graves at Justin Moorhouse's attempted singing of their music for his Yorkshire melodies bit. It wasn't all that tuneful. Or funny.