Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow - Series 2 Page 14

Gotta say I really enjoyed the Christmas special, even if I'm in the minority. Yes, the guest slots were too short. Cut Kylie out and you'd have added an extra minute to them! (sorry Kylie fans). And I agree it did feel like a royal variety performance, which for me anyway, wasn't such a bad thing. Didn't watch much Christmas telly, but glad I watched this.

Some a little cheesy, but you can forgive them for thinking a Christmas special may attract a wider (thus more easily offended) audience. The Pixie bit was...unnecessary? But his observational stuff was on the money - kids vs no kids, etc. Even found Rhod Gilbert not just bearable, but v funny, which was nice. Personal opinion only, but the endless shouting grates a bit so cutting it down to 5 mins was a good thing.

There were far too many acts crammed into that one hour. I don't particularly begrudge a show like this a bit of music, particularly at Christmas - a good bit of old-fashioned variety and all - but to try to shoehorn it in, as well as that long list of stand-up names, into just an hour? Foolish, at best.