Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow - Series 2 Page 9

Terry Alderton was the strange chap who put the microphone in his mouth, and what looked like an attempt to be funny?

Normally, even with rather weak comedians, I laugh slightly... but it was more a case of "what the f*** is this all about?!".

The rest of them were rather good, though... even though I didn't understand half of the football-related stuff Michael was talking about.

Quote: Aaron @ October 3 2010, 11:31 AM BST

Didn't think much of McIntyre's set last night. The latter bits were alright, but I didn't get any of the protracted football routine.

I liked a lot of Bishop's routine, but perhaps more that much of it was stuff I've thought in the past and nevber heard anyone say, rather than being massively funny.

Miles Jupp was ok, quite funny in places, but didn't make a massive impression overall. Justin Moorhouse similarly, was 'alright' but nothing special.

However, despite the somewhat odd, disjointed and varied nature of his set, I really enjoyed Terry Alderton. Highlight of the night for me, lots of laughs.

McIntyre's football routine was superb Laughing out loud

My ratings for the week:

Michael McIntyre - 8/10 - Comics may hate him, but the punters love him. The customer is always right.

John Bishop - 7/10 - Only desperate comics attempt cheap 'penis' gags, but he managed to pull it off.

Justin Moorhouse - 6/10 - There are two kinds of fat people, happy-go-lucky ones and women. Lovely gag :)

Miles Jupp - 2/10 - Numerous Newsjack knockbacks may have influenced my opinion, but he's a mediocre (at best) stand-up. He appeared to be reciting Simon Evans' rejected material.

Terry Alderton - 1/10 - Alderton received a point for managing to be less funny than Jupp. Quite an achievement.

My ratings for the week:

Michael McIntyre - 8/10

John Bishop - 7/10

Miles Jupp - 5/10

Justin Moorhouse - 3/10

Terry Alderton - 1/10

MM- 8/10 (I was howling at his football section)

John Bishop- 5/10

Miles Jupp- 7/10

Justin Moorhouse- 4/10

Terry Alderton- 2/10

Agree with the above reviews...never seen a football game in my life but thought MM's stuff was great.

I don't mind Jupp, Bishop I don't get (rabbit jokes...really? in 2010?) and Alderton - I can see what he was trying to do, maybe it works better live. On TV it was rather, WTF???

Surprised to see such low marks for Terry Alderton as, live, he is a fantastic stand up.

Have to say I don't really get the rise of John Bishop, he's a nice bloke and reasonably funny but there's at least 20 better stand ups out there, so quite why he's been picked for TV stardom I not sure (and it can't just be me who finds the Scouse accent particularly grating can it?).

I love Miles Jupp.

What else was he on recently for the first time? Argumental or something?

Quote: zooo @ October 4 2010, 10:03 AM BST

I love Miles Jupp.

What else was he on recently for the first time? Argumental or something?

He was on Mock a couple of weeks back.

Ah, that was it. He was great on that too.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ October 4 2010, 9:59 AM BST

Surprised to see such low marks for Terry Alderton as, live, he is a fantastic stand up.

I liked him, it's nice to see something a bit different. My only reservations were that I didn't LOL much, and at one point he basically repeated a gag he'd done earlier, which made that part predictable.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ October 3 2010, 12:37 PM BST

McIntyre's football routine was superb Laughing out loud

Got to agree with this, thought it was well observed and very funny.

His bit about England vs Germany at the world cup being like someone struggling to play FIFA for the first time was excellent, although the bit about the national anthems was weak.

Thought Roy Walker's reply of "Don't tempt me" when McIntyre said to him "Say what you see" was very funny, but got a bit lost because McIntyre didn't pick up on it.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ October 4 2010, 10:59 AM BST

Thought Roy Walker's reply of "Don't tempt me" when McIntyre said to him "Say what you see" was very funny, but got a bit lost because McIntyre didn't pick up on it.

I thought that! That was a great comeback.

Quote: zooo @ October 4 2010, 11:12 AM BST

I thought that! That was a great comeback.

Agree....Roy Walker managed one of the best lines of the show, from the 5th row.

Quote: Mr Lewis @ October 4 2010, 1:39 PM BST

Agree....Roy Walker managed one of the best lines of the show, from the 5th row.

...wouldn't be difficult on that show....

I imagine the comeback "Takes one to know one!" would get a round of applause from MM's audience...

*returns to writing elitist, unfunny, comedy snob sitcom*