Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow - Series 2 Page 11

Yeah, what's with the cuts? Lack of good material? Slipping ratings? Using it to fill whatever size hole there is in the schedule?

It all seemed a bit rushed. Disappointing.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 16 2010, 10:43 PM BST

It all seemed a bit rushed. Disappointing.

Completely agree. Felt very cramped and none of the guests were given enough time, although Noel Fielding was given too much - utterly horrific. His buzzing routine was abysmal.

Mike Gunn was impressive. Found him very entertaining, and a shame he didn't get longer.

Hal Cruttenden was also quite funny, as was Seann Walsh. But overall, needs a longer running time than half an hour.

I liked the bald guy, but the whole thing was a bit like a "best of" show, with a snippet from each comedian. Some seemed to be wheeled on for a sentence, then wheeled off again. Bizarre.

I didn't notice the first few being rushed, but the bald guy second to last seemed to be on for about 20 seconds, and then Noel was really quick too.
He did do the buzzing for a bit too long, but I thought what he was saying was funny.

Maybe they had to shorten the edit because during the last half hour of recording the audience suddenly realised what an ultimately meaningless existence we all lead, as a stupid, hateful species - the best of a bad lot on this insignificant planet - flying through empty nothingness in a cold, godless, indifferent universe? Maybe fuelled by this impotent rage they took it out on the only person available, the diminutive, smug-looking twat on stage - who was at that moment trying to distract them from the fact they'll all die one day, by talking to them about the amusing things he's noticed whilst trying to pay for his ticket in a multi-storey car park? Maybe they, in a collective psychotic, atavistic moment, advanced on the stage and tore the comedian limb from limb, feasting on his eyeballs and setting fire to his dismembered genitals - in some kind of weird ritual? Maybe, not quite satiated, they decided to form a tribe, leaving the theatre that night in their sacred quest to hunt down and destroy their next target - the one known as Andy Parsons...?

*opens up newspaper, reads*

:(

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 17 2010, 11:31 PM BST

*reads over shoulder*

I see Lynn's got her tits out again.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 17 2010, 11:31 PM BST

Maybe they had to shorten the edit because during the last half hour of recording the audience suddenly realised what an ultimately meaningless existence we all lead, as a stupid, hateful species - the best of a bad lot on this insignificant planet - flying through empty nothingness in a cold, godless, indifferent universe? Maybe fuelled by this impotent rage they took it out on the only person available, the diminutive, smug-looking twat on stage - who was at that moment trying to distract them from the fact they'll all die one day, by talking to them about the amusing things he's noticed whilst trying to pay for his ticket in a multi-storey car park? Maybe they, in a collective psychotic, atavistic moment, advanced on the stage and tore the comedian limb from limb, feasting on his eyeballs and setting fire to his dismembered genitals - in some kind of weird ritual? Maybe, not quite satiated, they decided to form a tribe, leaving the theatre that night in their sacred quest to hunt down and destroy their next target - the one known as Andy Parsons...?

:(

Tim, remember what the doctor said - you're not allowed BBC1 anymore.

I personally am a huge fan of MM. Of course the critical knives will always be out. But I don't really understand how one of TV's biggest and most talented stand-ups provokes such strong opposition. And forget about snobbery - doesn't it make a nice change to have a comedian talking about the glaringly obvious... the pain of traffic on a Friday, the stress of buying shoes... rather than all these highly satirical, dark and controversial political mutterings? McIntyre is a breath of fresh air to the world of comedy, no doubt about it. It's the critics who need to push aside their snobbery and accept this man's rapid rise to fame for what it is - entirely merited.

Quote: Sophia @ October 18 2010, 12:19 PM BST

doesn't it make a nice change to have a comedian talking about the glaringly obvious... the pain of traffic on a Friday, the stress of buying shoes... rather than all these highly satirical, dark and controversial political mutterings?

I'm with you Sophia!

I agree, after all it is all just a distraction, did Spitting Image bring down Thatcher? Did any comedy bring down a dictator?....bring on the "harmless" comedians maybe they speak more truth than the angry ones.

Quote: sidecar jon @ October 18 2010, 1:03 PM BST

I agree, after all it is all just a distraction, did Spitting Image bring down Thatcher? Did any comedy bring down a dictator?....bring on the "harmless" comedians maybe they speak more truth than the angry ones.

How about just bring on all kinds of comedians? So we have a variety?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 18 2010, 1:04 PM BST

How about just bring on all kinds of comedians? So we have a variety?

Controversial.

It's the critics who need to push aside their snobbery

So everyone who disagrees with you is a snob?

doesn't it make a nice change to have a comedian talking about the glaringly obvious...

No, it was done to death 25 years ago.

I don't really understand how one of TV's biggest /../stand-ups provokes such strong opposition.

The Sun is one of the biggest papers, but that doesn't stop it being shit.

Quote: Nogget @ October 18 2010, 1:21 PM BST

No, it was done to death 25 years ago.

Not really. The ordinary now is completely different to the ordinary in 1985.