Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow - Series 2 Page 2

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 24 2010, 12:52 AM BST

Just seen the trailer for the next show - MM going on about the difficulties of using taps. Brilliantly inventive. There was me thinking that, on the whole, taps are generally mundane and easy-to-use - then MM makes me question my whole (previously indifferent) attitude to the "tap situation" in this country by pointing out that - actually, yes! - people have massive problems using taps. Do watch this trailer (I've Sky+'d it for repeat viewing) - this really is cutting-edge humour from a man at the top of his game. Next time you're having trouble using a tap, at least you'll be able to remember MM and have a smile - instead of (as usual!) pulling your hair out in frustration and anger.

I do hope that, in the show proper, he really expands into the everyday craziness surrounding mixer taps.

Or how about those taps where you think one is hot and the other is cold, but they're the other way round from normal? Or when you get no hot water from either tap!? How about those taps with washer problems/insufficient water pressure - where you turn and turn the tap and you only get a trickle? What's that about!? What about those taps in pub toilets that you have to press to start, but then when you release the pressure they stop? - They make washing your hands really difficult - got to be a good 10 minutes in that, Mr M? You could point out that "tap dancing" actually involves no use of taps - though that might be a bit esoteric and experimental for a mainstream show?

Taps, eh...?

Yes, taps.

I think you're being completely over the tap!

Rolling eyes

Quote: Scottidog @ September 24 2010, 9:21 PM BST

I think you're being completely over the tap!

Rolling eyes

The thing with tap humour is that you mustn't try to faucet.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ September 24 2010, 9:25 PM BST

The thing with tap humour is that you mustn't try to faucet.

I think you're both PLUMBING the depths with these shoddy puns...

Agreed
Shall we pull the plug on this.

Puns, did someone say puns? Pleased

You- bend it some times guys

Quote: Flaner @ September 24 2010, 9:30 PM BST

I think you're both PLUMBING the depths with these shoddy puns...

what are you Basin that on Flaner?

Having been to this recording it was interesting to see how it was edited. For starters the comedians came on in a different order (Evans came on first).

There is one thing I am pleased with with regards to the show. Namely that 11m45sec in me and my family were on screen.

Oooooh!
Shall have to watch out for that.

Quote: zooo @ September 26 2010, 3:03 PM BST

Oooooh!
Shall have to watch out for that.

You can see it now on the iPlayer.

Hee, I seened you.
Are you sat next to a man in a black and white checked top?

Quote: zooo @ September 26 2010, 3:21 PM BST

Hee, I seened you.
Are you sat next to a man in a black and white checked top?

Yes. Next to me on the left is my dad, then my mum and then my younger brother.

Have you got a bit of a beard going on there? Because if so, you should really update your avatar.

Quote: zooo @ September 26 2010, 4:34 PM BST

Have you got a bit of a beard going on there? Because if so, you should really update your avatar.

I'm just lazy when it comes to shaving. I do shave, I just don't have a set timetable when it comes to it.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 26 2010, 2:07 PM BST

Having been to this recording it was interesting to see how it was edited. For starters the comedians came on in a different order (Evans came on first).

There is one thing I am pleased with with regards to the show. Namely that 11m45sec in me and my family were on screen.

On TV it looked like the crowd were majorly into all the acts but Yusuf came out on top as the most popular. Am I right in thinking this?

Jimeoin was fantastic. Why isn't he on TV more often?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 26 2010, 2:07 PM BST

Speaking to acts who've been on it there's also a "spare" act who does the warm up (i.e. the first act on) who isn't supposed to be in the final edit of the show but can be used if one of the other acts dies on their hole.

Think at least one act got on the show in this way in the last series and possibly one in this new series.