Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 12

Oooh, I could jump off a doll's house.

These past two episodes have been very good again, back on form considering a not so good start to the series.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 2 2009, 3:11 PM BST

So why blame the London bombers for the Mock the Week highlight show?

Because the bombing meant that no one could get to the studio to record the last episode of that series, so they slapped together a highlights ep instead.

I've just found something quite interesting. Jerry Sadowitz's next tour is to be called: "I'd happily punch Frankie Boyle in the face." Does anyone know if Frankie knows?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 9 2009, 12:55 PM BST

I've just found something quite interesting. Jerry Sadowitz's next tour is to be called: "I'd happily punch Frankie Boyle in the face." Does anyone know if Frankie knows?

Is he really touring or is it just a joke?

http://www.jerrysadowitz.com/pages/gigsmain.htm

Well, it's listed on Chortle, but as of yet there is nothing listed under it.

I have to say, last night's episode (Jack Whitehall & Ed Byrne) was probably the most balanced I've seen in a while, in terms of guests being allowed to get a word in.

Because I'm a sad comedy geek, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing what happens next week: David Mitchell is on... and he doesn't do stand-up. So does that mean Frankie is going to have to go in front of the mic during the stand-up round instead? (as you may have noticed, he doesn't do the stand-up round any more)

Yeah, I wondered wether that was because he hasn't got any new material or because he's saving his new material for his actual stand up. There was a bit of a backlash about him using the same old gags everywhere after all.

Frankie Boyle had a podcast on iTunes where he tested out material for the show.
They only did one episode, I wonder if that was because he sort of gave away how much of the info they get to see beforehand.

Yes, it has got good again after a dissapointing start. And yes Mark, it has been more equal lately in terms of talk, Frankie was saying too much in the early shows of the series. But poor old Hugh often struggles to get a word in.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 12 2009, 10:02 AM BST

But poor old Hugh often struggles to get a word in.

He's just too polite isn't he. There was a moment this week where you could see his un-masked annoyance at being talked over. 18:45 mins: iPlayer

Yes, you're right Mark. Shame really, as he is my favourite on the show. But up to now, we've had no Showaddywaddy or Car Insurance jokes, which is top stuff for me.

Quote: Mark @ September 11 2009, 5:34 PM BST

Because I'm a sad comedy geek, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing what happens next week: David Mitchell is on...

Why don't you just marry him already? :P

Jack Whitehall was rather amusing. But I do feel somewhat dirty saying that. Pity about the TNT Show thing - that'll taint him for a while.

Gary Neville's been raped in his car.

Quote: Mark @ September 12 2009, 11:50 AM BST

He's just too polite isn't he. There was a moment this week where you could see his un-masked annoyance at being talked over. 18:45 mins: iPlayer

Cheers for taking the time to stick that up Mark. I should imagine his expression reflects how most people feel whenever Boyle opens his mouth.