Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 17

Mitchell never fails to disappoint me. He's fantastic.

Quote: paul f @ September 26 2009, 3:48 PM BST

The difference being, that Frankie is angry and funny, where as Mitchell was just plain angry. That was David Mitchell's weakest television appearance in a long time. Russell Howard was better than usual, I normally cringe whenever he opens his mouth. Dara was on top form though, as always.

Interesting point of view - my version is that Mitchell is always angry and almost always funny, while Boyle is usually funny and often mock-angry but not really angry at all. Mitchell even has an angry way of sitting. There is much more venom in one of his barbs about middle-class angst than there is from Frankie's pretend hatred of a celeb.

Biggest difference this week for me was that Frankie's absence let Dara go off on a riff uninterrupted, and it was pretty good. I haven't been a big fan of his but he benefited from Frankie's absence.

Russell Howard is just a very, very lucky man.

Quote: Badge @ September 28 2009, 1:55 AM BST

Interesting point of view - my version is that Mitchell is always angry and almost always funny, while Boyle is usually funny and often mock-angry but not really angry at all. Mitchell even has an angry way of sitting. There is much more venom in one of his barbs about middle-class angst than there is from Frankie's pretend hatred of a celeb.

Biggest difference this week for me was that Frankie's absence let Dara go off on a riff uninterrupted, and it was pretty good. I haven't been a big fan of his but he benefited from Frankie's absence.

Russell Howard is just a very, very lucky man.

Don't get me wrong, I think David Mitchell is hilarious, It's just that I think his rantathons are getting tiresome and a bit embarrassing. His last appearance on Mock The Week was him basically saying unfunny and logical things for a very boring couple of minutes.

Quote: paul f @ September 28 2009, 4:16 AM BST

Don't get me wrong, I think David Mitchell is hilarious, It's just that I think his rantathons are getting tiresome and a bit embarrassing. His last appearance on Mock The Week was him basically saying unfunny and logical things for a very boring couple of minutes.

I think Mitchell is ace but I do agree he had a bad show last week. But that happens to everyone now and then.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 28 2009, 11:56 AM BST

I think Mitchell is ace but I do agree he had a bad show last week. But that happens to everyone now and then.

ROBERT WEBB: I caught you on Mock The Week recently and you weren't up to your usual witty standard.

DAVID MITCHELL: I know, I must be getting panel show fatigue. Mock the Week, Would I Lie To You, You Have Been Watching...I was even on The One Show for a full hour. What are you up to this week Robert?

ROBERT WEBB: I'm going to dress up as a woman and dance around in a leotard.

DAVID MITCHELL: Is that for Comic Relief?

ROBERT WEBB: What?

DAVID MITCHELL: Er, nothing.

I think Frankie has been annoying this series. Previous series he was one of the main attractions, coming up with the funniest moments in the series and him being consistently funny. I think this series he has realised this, so got encouraged and started coming out with more material and its funniness has been inconsistent, he just gets a bit boring now, interupting all the time with some obvious and poor gags, so I think he needs to tone down a bit. I enjoyed the episode without him.
Russell Howard, he is quite good, yet he can even annoy me sometimes. That West Country accent is getting a bit annoying now.
And why didn't Hugh do any Showaddywaddy and Car Insurance moments this series, they're always a highlight.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ September 28 2009, 1:43 AM BST

Mitchell never fails to disappoint me. He's fantastic.

?

I like Mitchell as well.

I have to confess, I found it a breath of fresh air for an episode to proceed without it being interrupted every minute by a loud Scot barging in his twopenny's worth against various predictable targets (what's that Frankie? You don't think Adrian Chiles is that good looking? Golly, who'd have thought). Though I appreciate I'm probably in a minority on this one.

No, I agree with you. I think he is a very funny comedian, but he has got on my tits a bit this series.

I have to agree, I'm a huge frankie fan but when you have seen all his material it starts to get a little old, I'm really enjoying Rhod Gilbert
at the minute his rants have me in stitches.

www.atozcomedy.co.uk

All these MTW rants are just so much dick waving. Schoolboy humour at best. No real wit, just join-the-dots comedy. Faux-intelligentsia laughing at the easy-to-target banalities of everyday life. Tiresome.

Quote: ACUSmember @ September 29 2009, 8:52 PM BST

I have to confess, I found it a breath of fresh air for an episode to proceed without it being interrupted every minute by a loud Scot barging in his twopenny's worth

I agree, he needs to let the others complete a gag every now and again.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 30 2009, 12:51 PM BST

Faux-intelligentsia laughing at the easy-to-target banalities of everyday life.

Look who swallowed a dictionary. Unimpressed ;)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 30 2009, 1:06 PM BST

Look who swallowed a dick. :O

See now that's comedy, none of your - schoolboy join-the-dots comedy. Faux-intelligentsia laughing at the easy-to-target banalities of everyday life - jokes here.

Time for me to head over to Frankie Boyle's hospital bed to play Mock the Ill. Every time he calls for a nurse, I interrupt by yelling out 'Katie Price is a slag!' or 'Susan Boyle is unattractive!' - it's hilarious.

I missed Frankie last week but his book came out today called My Shit Life So Far and it's brilliant. I'm already half way through - it's hilarious!