Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 13

Great episode again this week, lots of laughs throughout. Something a bit peculiar about Sarah Millican though. Really can't decide if I like her or not.

Quote: Mark @ September 11 2009, 5:34 PM BST

Because I'm a sad comedy geek, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing what happens next week: David Mitchell is on... and he doesn't do stand-up. So does that mean Frankie is going to have to go in front of the mic during the stand-up round instead? (as you may have noticed, he doesn't do the stand-up round any more)

They invented a new round called 'the three mockateers' or something, and had their first stand up round with three people instead of four.

Come on frankie, you workshy bastard.

Quote: Aaron @ September 18 2009, 12:08 AM BST

Great episode again this week, lots of laughs throughout. Something a bit peculiar about Sarah Millican though. Really can't decide if I like her or not.

She's from up North Aaron.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 18 2009, 12:57 AM BST

She's from up North Aaron.

That'll decide it. :)

Maybe I'm wrong, but were they trying to inject a bt more topicality into the show this week? Like in its early run?

This series has felt a lot less prepped to me. Like they had a reduced team of writers - or newer, less good writers.

I just think David Mitchell is cool....there's something wrong with me, I must see a doctor lol

Aww man... I couldn't believe they only went with 3 for the stand up round. I was sure I was finally going to see David forced into doing stand up. I'm not quite sure why he doesn't do it... He would obviously be good at it. Just go off on one of his usual brilliant rants. Perhaps he is just too shy to be THAT much the center of attention?

Either way, Frankie should have stepped up, I mean come on. It's a 30 second spot, just do it.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ September 18 2009, 8:11 AM BST

Aww man... I couldn't believe they only went with 3 for the stand up round. I was sure I was finally going to see David forced into doing stand up. I'm not quite sure why he doesn't do it... He would obviously be good at it. Just go off on one of his usual brilliant rants. Perhaps he is just too shy to be THAT much the center of attention?

Either way, Frankie should have stepped up, I mean come on. It's a 30 second spot, just do it.

I'd have preferred to have seen four people do the stand-up round. Even then, I've been a bit annoyed by it for most of this series because it has been one whole team against one person from the other.

I do have to say I did like the bit of research they did concerning the Treasury and which billion they use.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 18 2009, 9:11 AM BST

I do have to say I did like the bit of research they did concerning the Treasury and which billion they use.

We definitely should use the proper billion. That's always bugged me. It's not our fault that Americans can't count high enough!

Quote: Aaron @ September 18 2009, 12:08 AM BST

Yes I liked it. Watched it at my parents house, but however, I was left a bit uncomfortable because my Mum just thinks Mr Boyle is rather sick and I laughed at the part when he was on about that paedophilic magician, my Mum said 'That's not funny, it's actually quite sick' So I was a bit iffy laughing at the edgy stuff in the episode from that point onwards. Think it will be something I'll be watching on my own next time.

And about Sarah, liked her part in the stand up round, but that was really it.

^^^

Your Mum is right, I think Frankie Boyle can be pretty sick at times.

He seems to just go for the shock value all the time.

The problem is, once you remove Frankie Boyle from the equation, the show would become pretty weak. He provides at least 50% of the jokes and though I may not like his delivery or the way he talks over people, his material is consistently funny.

Blinky McMuppetface on the other hand, can f**k off altogether as far as I'm concerned.

Oh why do I even care? This show was always a shite rip off of HIGNFY and the format is beyond stale. If they have material prepared way in advance of the filming, why do they even bother going through the farce that it's some sort of improvised, competitive panel game?

It's poo on a stick.

Russell Howard does always remind me of a CBBC presenter who's accidentally wandered into the wrong studio.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 18 2009, 2:52 PM BST

Blinky McMuppetface on the other hand, can f**k off altogether as far as I'm concerned.

Who?

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 18 2009, 3:27 PM BST

Who?

He's a rapper. You know, you've seen them, the rappers. On 'Top Of The Pops', doing their rap songs. And in the shopping centre, the rappers...

Don't go down that route, Walker. It was unfunny enough when that gimp did it originally.

Jack, they're referring to Russell Howard.