Mock The Week - Series 7

Really excited about the new series tonight. Praying for some Car Insurance and Showaddywaddy jokes.
Anyone read the Frankie Boyle interview in the Radio Times. He spoke of a joke of his that made the front two rows of his stand-up walk out. Did this actually happen or not? If so, does anyone know what the joke was?

Yep, looking forward to it. Anything with Hugh Dennis is good. :)

God, that Gina whatshername is shit, isn't she?

I haven't watch it yet, but yes she is.

Quote: catskillz @ July 9 2009, 9:55 PM BST

God, that Gina whatshername is shit, isn't she?

Abso-fooking-lutely. She is rotten.

Quote: Mick Green @ July 9 2009, 11:51 PM BST

Abso-fooking-lutely. She is rotten.

That bit about the broken biscuits was embarrassing. About 95% of the time she appears on that show she tells jokes to silence.

Well, to be fair, this show is just a "who's got the biggest dick?" competition most of the time.

Great to have the show back for the next 12 weeks, Frankie was on fire as was Frank Skinner who should be on the show more often. Russell wasn't great this week but he is funny as evident with his stand up shows. Gina was okay but nothing special and Hugh and Andy were good.

The Michael Jackson and Wimbledon discussions were very funny, I wouldn't be surprised if there are complaints but the BBC should get Frankie to write a letter to the complainers with colourful results .

Will be interesting who appears this series with the Edinburgh Fringe Festival bringing in new and familar comics. I would love to see Adam Hills, Rhys Darby and Wil Anderson although I think Rhys Darby is unlikely.

Very very unfortunate they continue putting Gina in this show. She is just not funny. Plain and simple.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 2:01 AM BST

Well, to be fair, this show is just a "who's got the biggest dick?" competition most of the time.

Completely agree. It's such a bear pit.

Enjoyed it, but seen so many better episodes. Yes, Gina wasn't that good to be fair.

Well to be fair they record like over 2 hrs of material and then edit it down to 30 minutes.

So how do we know that Gina wasn't more funny but they just decided not to use her material.

Quote: SillyBry @ July 10 2009, 8:04 AM BST

Completely agree. It's such a bear pit.

To be honest, this show just leaves me cold. A bunch of souless comedic whores desperate for attention. Little or no humanity, hypocrisy, schadenfreude and trite banal jokes which often come from happily ignorant and joyless mouths. Crack cocaine comedy for the "Why Bother?" generation.

This is 4th Reich, neo-fascist comedy. The logical extension of Nazi ideology.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 1:02 PM BST

To be honest, THE BRITISH COMEDY GUIDE FORUMS just leaves me cold. A bunch of souless comedic whores desperate for attention. Little or no humanity, hypocrisy, schadenfreude and trite banal jokes which often come from happily ignorant and joyless mouths. Crack cocaine comedy for the "Why Bother?" generation.

This is 4th Reich, neo-fascist comedy. The logical extension of Nazi ideology.

Guilty as charged.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ July 10 2009, 5:15 AM BST

Very very unfortunate they continue putting Gina in this show. She is just not funny. Plain and simple.

I was under the impression that she'd buggered off to America. On the basis that blacks and women can't make it as comedians in Britain.

Oh, and Russell was particularly good this week I thought! Apart from the scotch egg thing, which didn't go down too well.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 1:02 PM BST

This is 4th Reich, neo-fascist. The logical extension of Nazi ideology.

That's the EU.