Mock The Week - Series 7

Mock The Week. Dara O Briain. Copyright: Angst Productions.

Mock The Week

Topical panel show taking a satirical look at the week's news. Hosted by Dara O Briain with regular player Hugh Dennis

Jack Massey

• Thursday 9th July 2009, 9:29pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 2,965 posts

Really excited about the new series tonight. Praying for some Car Insurance and Showaddywaddy jokes.
Anyone read the Frankie Boyle interview in the Radio Times. He spoke of a joke of his that made the front two rows of his stand-up walk out. Did this actually happen or not? If so, does anyone know what the joke was?

Aaron

• Thursday 9th July 2009, 11:57pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,931 posts

Yep, looking forward to it. Anything with Hugh Dennis is good. :)

catskillz

• Friday 10th July 2009, 1:55am
  • Merseyside, England
  • 3,395 posts

God, that Gina whatshername is shit, isn't she?

Nil Putters

• Friday 10th July 2009, 2:01am
  • A galaxy far, far away or, England
  • 28,691 posts

I haven't watch it yet, but yes she is.

Mick Green

• Friday 10th July 2009, 3:51am
  • England
  • 314 posts
Quote: catskillz @ July 9 2009, 9:55 PM BST

God, that Gina whatshername is shit, isn't she?

Abso-fooking-lutely. She is rotten.

Spagett

• Friday 10th July 2009, 4:51am
  • Manchester, England
  • 450 posts
Quote: Mick Green @ July 9 2009, 11:51 PM BST

Abso-fooking-lutely. She is rotten.

That bit about the broken biscuits was embarrassing. About 95% of the time she appears on that show she tells jokes to silence.

T.W.

• Friday 10th July 2009, 6:01am
  • England
  • 15,786 posts

Well, to be fair, this show is just a "who's got the biggest dick?" competition most of the time.

Jonwo

• Friday 10th July 2009, 6:35am
  • England
  • 72 posts

Great to have the show back for the next 12 weeks, Frankie was on fire as was Frank Skinner who should be on the show more often. Russell wasn't great this week but he is funny as evident with his stand up shows. Gina was okay but nothing special and Hugh and Andy were good.

The Michael Jackson and Wimbledon discussions were very funny, I wouldn't be surprised if there are complaints but the BBC should get Frankie to write a letter to the complainers with colourful results .

Will be interesting who appears this series with the Edinburgh Fringe Festival bringing in new and familar comics. I would love to see Adam Hills, Rhys Darby and Wil Anderson although I think Rhys Darby is unlikely.

Sal Paradise

• Friday 10th July 2009, 9:15am [Edited]
  • Vancouver, Canada
  • 207 posts

Very very unfortunate they continue putting Gina in this show. She is just not funny. Plain and simple.

SillyBry

• Friday 10th July 2009, 12:04pm
  • England
  • 32 posts
Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 2:01 AM BST

Well, to be fair, this show is just a "who's got the biggest dick?" competition most of the time.

Completely agree. It's such a bear pit.

Jack Massey

• Friday 10th July 2009, 3:24pm
  • England
  • 2,965 posts

Enjoyed it, but seen so many better episodes. Yes, Gina wasn't that good to be fair.

Richard Wells

• Friday 10th July 2009, 4:02pm
  • Northamptonshire, England
  • 1,016 posts

Well to be fair they record like over 2 hrs of material and then edit it down to 30 minutes.

So how do we know that Gina wasn't more funny but they just decided not to use her material.

T.W.

• Friday 10th July 2009, 5:02pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 15,786 posts
Quote: SillyBry @ July 10 2009, 8:04 AM BST

Completely agree. It's such a bear pit.

To be honest, this show just leaves me cold. A bunch of souless comedic whores desperate for attention. Little or no humanity, hypocrisy, schadenfreude and trite banal jokes which often come from happily ignorant and joyless mouths. Crack cocaine comedy for the "Why Bother?" generation.

This is 4th Reich, neo-fascist comedy. The logical extension of Nazi ideology.

Renegade Carpark

• Friday 10th July 2009, 5:29pm
  • England
  • 11,291 posts
Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 1:02 PM BST

To be honest, THE BRITISH COMEDY GUIDE FORUMS just leaves me cold. A bunch of souless comedic whores desperate for attention. Little or no humanity, hypocrisy, schadenfreude and trite banal jokes which often come from happily ignorant and joyless mouths. Crack cocaine comedy for the "Why Bother?" generation.

This is 4th Reich, neo-fascist comedy. The logical extension of Nazi ideology.

Guilty as charged.

Aaron

• Friday 10th July 2009, 5:52pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,931 posts
Quote: Sal Paradise @ July 10 2009, 5:15 AM BST

Very very unfortunate they continue putting Gina in this show. She is just not funny. Plain and simple.

I was under the impression that she'd buggered off to America. On the basis that blacks and women can't make it as comedians in Britain.

Oh, and Russell was particularly good this week I thought! Apart from the scotch egg thing, which didn't go down too well.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 1:02 PM BST

This is 4th Reich, neo-fascist. The logical extension of Nazi ideology.

That's the EU.