Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 18

Frankie Boyle has left Mock The Week.

The BBC have signed the show up for two more series, but they won't include Frankie Boyle.

Dan Patterson: "Frankie has been a brilliant member of the team since the beginning and the door is always open for him to come back. We wish him all the best with his other projects."

Quote: Blue Bottle @ October 2 2009, 10:03 AM BST

Frankie Boyle has left Mock The Week.

The BBC have signed the show up for two more series, but they won't include Frankie Boyle.

Dan Patterson: "Frankie has been a brilliant member of the team since the beginning and the door is always open for him to come back. We wish him all the best with his other projects."

Do you have a link or source?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 2 2009, 10:17 AM BST

Do you have a link or source?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/10_october/02/mock.shtml

Quote: Blue Bottle @ October 2 2009, 10:31 AM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/10_october/02/mock.shtml

An interesting development. I wonder how the show will cope without him?

God I feel like Christmas and my birthday have come at once.

Connected to his becoming ill the other day or not?

I guess it's just a coincidence.

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2009, 11:47 AM BST

Connected to his becoming ill the other day or not?

I guess it's just a coincidence.

Laughing out loud

Well done Miss Zooo-ples, I've think you've solved the case of the missing Boyle.

Cool, time to put on my speculating hat of untruths for this one - do you think Frankie asked for more cash and the Beeb told him to go do one? Or did the other comics secretly go to the Beeb asking to get rid of Frankie because of his constant interrupting? Or was the strain of yelling 'Peter Andre is an Austrailian twat!' every week effecting his health?

Enquiring minds want to know.

With no Frankie, I'm not sure MTW is going to be half as funny.

I know it will be much more funnier for me.

It's a terribly poor show anyway, he's best off out of it. He's hung around the playground too long, time to stop eating worms and burning bugs with magnifying glasses, grow up and do some proper comedy.

No Frankie will be a big loss to MTW. He was the best thing about the show. He will be difficult to replace. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 2 2009, 2:33 PM BST

It's a terribly poor show anyway, he's best off out of it. He's hung around the playground too long, time to stop eating worms and burning bugs with magnifying glasses, grow up and do some proper comedy.

What is proper comedy? It obviously isn't a terrible show, it has been commissioned for another two series, so it's pulling in the ratings.

Frankie Boyle made the show, love him or loathe him, he gave the bbc an edge and they loved that.

I'm sure he will be moving to channel 4.

He's got his own show hasn't he? What channel is that for?

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2009, 5:55 PM BST

He's got his own show hasn't he? What channel is that for?

Didn't know that, not sure what channel.

Would of thought channel 4 would be snapping him up and letting him do his thing more freely.

Frankie Boyle's show is a pilot for Channel 4.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_frankie_boyle_show/